SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Glock barrel hood design?

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Glock barrel hood design? Login/Join 
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted
Have any of you seen one of these before? Double ramped barrel hood. I believe to reduce drag, or possibly to vent gasses? I've never encountered one before.

Posts: 5635 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My take on it would be it probably has something to do with being a "C" model.

Posts: 556 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by taguin:

Yeah, provided that isn't a custom job.

What's the story on that pistol, OP? Random internet pic, or yours?

Posts: 7883 | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

Yeah, provided that isn't a custom job.

What's the story on that pistol, OP? Random internet pic, or yours?

It was posted for sale on another forum's classifieds. It's NIB Factory USA G19C.

Posts: 5635 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not found on my C models.

Posts: 932 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
Picture of soggy_spinout
posted Hide Post
Only on the Gen4 compensated models, I think. First saw this on TFB at least a couple of years ago. Wasn't sure what to make of it back then, but I recall seeing it again in later pics of the Gen4 G19C. There's one for sale on GB at this moment with the same ramping on the chamber block:

Found the TFB article:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...9c-gen4-compensated/

Posts: 7176 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cut to reduce drag, I would guess.
That's the spot that gets filthy on my Gen 3 and will cause the slide to hang up. It did that around the 3,000th round at MOAC. A little Hoppe's, a little grease, and a new recoil spring got her running smooth for the rest of the class.

Bruce

Hanlon's Razor /prov./ A corollary of Finagle's Law, similar to Occam's Razor, that reads "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

"It is better to be considered a house cat and sit on the lap of pretty girls than to be feared as a tiger and hunted by men."- T. Takamatsu

Posts: 2207 | Location: NV | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post