SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ affictionados- Who would you send a 75B to for work? With PIC pg2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ affictionados- Who would you send a 75B to for work? With PIC pg2 Login/Join 
posted
I already own a CZ 75B SA that I am very happy with in stock form. HOWEVER, I have always loved the matte stainless and they stopped producing them this year, but I'm more of a SAO guy than DA/SA. So I think I want to buy a NIB matte stainless on Gunbroker for range duty and ship it directly to one of the CZ gurus to convert and do a very nice SA trigger and massage whatever else it needs........

Who/where is everyone's preference to send it to?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jimmy123x,

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These guys are pretty universally recommended when it comes to CZs

https://cajungunworks.com/

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Yes, another vote for Cajun Gun Works. They do terrific work on CZ’s.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
CGW or CZ Custom. Flip a coin.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a polymer DA/SA RAMI done over by CZ Custom and am very impressed with both the DA and SA! And it cost around $150.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElVfW1TjRkk

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
CGW or CZ Custom. Flip a coin.

This. I deal with both and they both do great work.

Edit - I suppose checking pricing for what you want and estimated time to complete would probably be the deciding factor. Quality wise it's basically the same.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I already started contact with CGW, just sent CZ custom an email. CGW is out of stock of the ones already done over by them and don't have any base pistols in stock, so trying to see if I can buy one on funbroker and have it shipped directly to them. I see czcustom doesn't have a worked over one in stock, but has a base pistol in stock according to their website.......turnaround time is important......i can wait months, but not interested in waiting years......and would rather buy the pistol directly from them, or have it shipped directly to them, then to me when finished to save shipping costs and shipping hassles.

posted Hide Post
Try Jim Miossi at Miossi Gun Works...

Wes

Posts: 2424 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
A good while ago I sent my CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical to Angus Hobdell of CZ Custom. The results were great.

CZ Custom

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
CJW did their Defensive Carry Package on mine, and it came out fantastic! Highly recommend them!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I haven't sent any guns to CJW or CZ Custom for work, but I've bought custom guns from both. They are both excellent. I'd go with whoever can offer the better price and/or turnaround time.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of Angus' reworked pistols, both Compact Custom L models. They are fantastic!

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I have been emailing both CZcustom and CGW and came to a conclusion. CGW didn't have a CZ75 matte S/S in stock and said they were difficult to find. Both companies told me that if I bought a NIB one from Gunbroker they'd prefer I took delivery first, inspected it, shot it, and then shipped it to them (which is understandable). But came to the conclusion that buying one from gunbroker, recieving it at a FFL, then re-shipping it to one of them, and then waiting for it to be done and shipped back was more of a hassle.

However, CZ custom does have a new factory cz 75 matte S/S in stock, so they agreed to do their magic on it and turn it into their custom (sku: 96181) for me, and I added green for the F/O front site and converting it to SAO (Single action only). 10 week lead time..........

I own many different guns including a Wilson and a Brown, but it's the first one I've had built/worked to my specs. I'm very excited.

This one:
https://czcustom.com/new-firea...tainless-custom.html

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Well, I have been emailing both CZcustom and CGW and came to a conclusion. CGW didn't have a CZ75 matte S/S in stock and said they were difficult to find. Both companies told me that if I bought a NIB one from Gunbroker they'd prefer I took delivery first, inspected it, shot it, and then shipped it to them (which is understandable). But came to the conclusion that buying one from gunbroker, recieving it at a FFL, then re-shipping it to one of them, and then waiting for it to be done and shipped back was more of a hassle.

However, CZ custom does have a new factory cz 75 matte S/S in stock, so they agreed to do their magic on it and turn it into their custom (sku: 96181) for me, and I added green for the F/O front site and converting it to SAO (Single action only). 10 week lead time..........

I own many different guns including a Wilson and a Brown, but it's the first one I've had built/worked to my specs. I'm very excited.

This one:
https://czcustom.com/new-firea...tainless-custom.html

I have a matte stainless one, well broken in now. Have a straight trigger and newer trigger return spring that will install when I know my range will be open. No rail on the matte stainless. Put on fiber optic sights
don’t tell anyone but prefer it to may TACOPS 226.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Back when the Shadow model first came out it was VERY difficult to locate one.
I contacted Matt Mink in Arkansas, he took a SPO1 he had in stock and made a Shadow copy. Great guy to deal with, I have been very happy with the gun for many years.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
Back when the Shadow model first came out it was VERY difficult to locate one.
I contacted Matt Mink in Arkansas, he took a SPO1 he had in stock and made a Shadow copy. Great guy to deal with, I have been very happy with the gun for many years.

I already have a CZ 75B SA and have had it for years. It is bone stock and I have over 7,000 rounds through it and bought it used. It's one of my favorite guns, very accurate, never misses a beat and great ergonomics.

So can't wait for the S/S converted to SAO by czcustom with a great trigger etc. etc.

posted Hide Post
I have a CZ from CZ Customs. Nice gun. I have several from Cajun Gun Works. They would be my choice for future parts and work. Their service is second to none.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
CGW or CZC for sure. CGW slightly better value, CZC just as good. I have CZC protek and it’s pretty refined for sure.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've shot a couple of examples of CGW's work and own a 75 T-SA out of CZ Custom which I crowed about back in my soggy_spinout days. The workmanship and performance of all of these are top-notch. My T-SA still remains as my favorite 9mm range pistol after all these years.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
CZ Custom.

I took my CZ-75 there to have the extractor spring replaced. They did a trigger job free of charge.

Posts: 622 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post