SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So this is what normal used to feel like. A little range trip today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So this is what normal used to feel like. A little range trip today Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
So I broke into my stash and went to the range today. I made a couple .45s bark for a bit.

Even though it was pretty windy and my target was flapping all over, it was a little slice of normal. Do you remember normal? Pepperidge Farms remembers and now so do I. Smile.

So I figure I shot like $12,000 of .45 today. Razz

At any rate it was nice to scratch the itch and feel normal for an hour.

As always take care and shoot safe.
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
Digging into the rainy day stash is just hard to do...

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I don't feel too bad shooting up ammo provided I have components to load more...but I'm getting to the end of that stash, so I'm afraid it's gonna get harder emotionally to burn through ammo when I know I can't replace it.

I'm still able to get bullets and powder locally, so I'm continuing to stock up on those as I see them. But primers are pretty much non-existent.

Posts: 8545 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember the good ole days when I'd go to the range every weekend and take several handguns and burn hundreds of rounds of ammo. It was dirt cheap then and I didn't give any thought to how much ammo I took other than the weight of carrying it in...LOL.

Now, when loading my range bag I find myself adding up the COST of the ammo and so I normally hold back and take only 300-400 rounds or so. Makes me depressed!!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: QB Too,

Posts: 991 | Location: Carrollton, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had friends over yesterday and we spent some time on my range. We had a great time, but did not send one pistol round down range. Too precious.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
when you reload ammo is not as sacred. one thing I do enjoy is having the range to myself, amazing how it has stopped most shooters.

Posts: 5590 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post