SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Short Trigger for P239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Short Trigger for P239 Login/Join 
posted
Hello- I recently acquired a Sig P239 SAS in 40 S&W, generation 1, and am looking for a short trigger ( not a short reset trigger). I’d prefer a genuine Sig part. Any ideas? Thanks!

Posts: 14 | Registered: August 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Try Numrich gun parts Wink

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may be wrong, but I don't recall a Short Reach trigger ever being available for a P239. Got SA/DA .40 in 2006 and follow the SF frequently.

One reason may be that the trigger reach is already very short, especially when compared to the double stacks.

The P226 and P229 do have Short Reach triggers available (standard on many models). That's because the original trigger reach was little long for many hands/fingers. Sig then offered the Short Reach triggers and GrayGuns the Intermediate. I solved that problem by installing GrayGuns Intermediate triggers and G10's. The combo results in a shorter reach.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure that my 239 came from the factory with a short reach trigger. Mine is an early model 239.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recall that the early P239s had short triggers. I found them too short to actually pull all the way through to hammer drop, even though I prefer short triggers on my P228 and P229. I find the longer triggers on more recent P239s to feel pretty nice during trigger press. Unless you have really small hands, I would not recommend a short trigger for a P239.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mauser96,

Posts: 81 | Registered: September 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted Hide Post
The first 239's were indeed Short Triggers pistols. "Regular" Reach Triggers came later when a good deal of buyers found that they had too much finger. Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have normal size hands(glove size 7 1/2), and the short trigger works out so well for me, that I installed short triggers on my other 5 Sigs......YMMV

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So is/was a short trigger available for a P239 sas dak (gen 1)? Any idea of the part number and where to find one? Thanks!

Posts: 14 | Registered: August 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To my knowledge, there are no new production short triggers for the 239 Sig. One will just have to search the regular places(ebay, gun broker, Numrich, etc.) and try to locate one. Perhaps start a "want to buy" in the classified here. Good luck.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks sigfreund.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

So, the only difference I see is the actual thickness of the trigger, where you finger rest?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
So, the only difference I see is the actual thickness of the trigger, where you finger rest?

Well ... yes, the “short reach” triggers are thinner from front to back and because they rest in the same position as the standard triggers, they reduce the distance involved in placing one’s finger on the front of the trigger. There is no other difference.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post