SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any update on the P210 Carry?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any update on the P210 Carry? Login/Join 
posted
Seems like that one ought to have hit the streets by now, Covid notwithstanding.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Should" based on what exactly? Sig can't keep P365s and P320s in stock and they're producing something like 10,000 guns a month.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The gun that was anoounced what seems like an eternity ago, then was shown at SHOT this year. And, what they surprised us with? The new AXG, the Nightmare and the Equinox. And from Custom Works, too. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
"Should" based on what exactly? Sig can't keep P365s and P320s in stock and they're producing something like 10,000 guns a month.

Is the 10,000 a reported figure?

In 2018, Sig produced a combined sum of ~635,000 pistols (53K / month) at its two NH locations. That figure is from the most recent manufacturing report (AFMER) published by the ATF, which excludes production for the US Military.

https://www.atf.gov/file/142946/download

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
regardless of the reported figures everywhere I look it seems SIGs are flying off the shelves and all the major gun makers are hard to find the most wanted items

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My source was a thread on another forum where the poster got their information from a Sig trainer at an armorer class.

https://pistol-forum.com/showt...Armorer-Course/page2

However, the reported figure was actually 100,000 and not 10,000. Not sure if it was a typo or misremembering on my part. Sig built a million 365s in three years. That's a thousand of those a day. That was per TFB's recent Sig interview.

Either way, the point remains: there is a lot of market demand in the way of Sig getting the 210 Carry out. Like it or not, it's kind of a niche gun. A lot of us would want one, but a lot of everybody wants a 320 or a 365.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My source was a thread on another forum where the poster got their information from a Sig trainer at an armorer class.

https://pistol-forum.com/showt...Armorer-Course/page2

However, the reported figure was actually 100,000 and not 10,000. Not sure if it was a typo or misremembering on my part. Sig built a million 365s in three years. That's a thousand of those a day. That was per TFB's recent Sig interview.

Either way, the point remains: there is a lot of market demand in the way of Sig getting the 210 Carry out. Like it or not, it's kind of a niche gun. A lot of us would want one, but a lot of everybody wants a 320 or a 365.

Especially now with the insane demand, building a niche gun for us fanbois seems highly unlikely. I wouldnt expect to see anything within the next year or two.

Posts: 551 | Location: California | Registered: July 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it, though I wish they would have made it more old school, with a recessed traditional dust cover and the early style plastic grips.

Did shoot a renta
210 standard recently, and it was crazy accurate, trigger was way too light for a carry gun though.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in the Sig Pro Shop and a customer wanted a P320 in 40 cal. The clerk told him they were only making 9mm right now, just trying to keep up with demand. They are out straight with P365 & P320.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. They suspended if not completely discontinued the production of a lot of P226s and P229s, particularly in .40 S&W and .357SIG but also 9mm variants as well. I had several customers who were quite steamed with SIG back in July and August, because SIG NH had not revised their website at the time to reflect this change. I only found out when our rep supplied me with the updated Excel ordering spreadsheet file and so many of the pistols I had planned on ordering were missing from their availability list.

However they are not shy about prematurely releasing a brand new design, improperly tested bolt-action rifle during these trying times...

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Either way, the point remains: there is a lot of market demand in the way of Sig getting the 210 Carry out.

You might also say that it means that SIG's got plenty of capital and a healthy cash flow, so now would be a great time to branch out a bit.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure they plan to do so as soon as they catch up on the tens or hundreds of thousands of backordered guns.

posted Hide Post
Sigh... LOL Big Grin

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post