SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thigh holsters for an SAO?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thigh holsters for an SAO? Login/Join 
posted
Ive been searching online for thigh holsters for a 226 SAO. I really like the Safariland ALS and SLS holsters but they told me NO and pretty much everywhere else has said the same. They do, however, make holsters for a 220 SAO....am i correct that it "should" fit?

"Dyin ain't much of a livin...boy"

Posts: 317 | Location: West (By GOD) Virginia | Registered: November 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
It should. I used the same safariland ALS holster for both a P226R and a P220R for several years. I have no direct knowledge about the SAO models though.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a safariland drop leg holster that I use with my P226 SAO. It is marketed for a standard P226 DA/SA but it works fine for my SAO models.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you find a suitable belt holster, you can buy the Safariland thigh rig platform and attach the holster. All Safariland stuff uses the same three hole pattern.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use bladetech stuff, no issues on using the 226 version for SAO. but need to respect the rail issues.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I'm running a Safariland ALS for duty with my Legion SAO 226 and it works just fine.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post