SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CDNN Opinions?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CDNN Opinions? Login/Join 
posted
Any opinions ... good or not so good dealings buying firearms from CDNN?

Thanks!

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
GTG

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've ordered guns and mags from them a couple of times .GTG .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The only problem I have with them is that they are in freaking TX. Grrrr....

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The only problem I have with them is that they are in freaking TX. Grrrr....

This! Seems a lot of good places are here in TX

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CDNN is good to go, have received all orders quickly, they are legit.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Ohhh! I think their new catalog just came out! Razz

Time was when mentioning CDNN would result in a coded message in 24 parts...

I guess "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." -Seneca; Semisonic, Closing Time

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
Ohhh! I think their new catalog just came out!

Ehrmagerrd! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
They used to be great for oddball mags back in the day. I've bought a lot of mags and a few guns from them over the years and never had a problem.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
They end up with a lot of good firearms oddities at closeout prices. In past years I've bought a Ruger 77 in 6.5 Swede and one in 7mm Mauser from them. And a Winchester 70 Fwt in .22-250 with a BOSS tunable muzzle gizzy.

Posts: 26902 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CDNN have always been straight - even by Midwest standards! Sometimes one can get an idea of the firearm market by noting what they are, and are not. selling. Lots of 40 caliber pistols.

Even so, they sometimes have real good deals.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I have bought a few guns and lots of mags. Before kenyan cretin caused the Great Stampede I used to ask for Seth.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
They had those Police HK P7's. I bought a whole bunch from them at the time. I remember most were in the $300-400 range. Had those plumb slides that everyone was complaining about.

Now those same guns are going for a whole lot more!
People don't complain about the plumb slides now.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terma-nator:
They had those Police HK P7's. I bought a whole bunch from them at the time. I remember most were in the $300-400 range. Had those plumb slides that everyone was complaining about.

Now those same guns are going for a whole lot more!
People don't complain about the plumb slides now.

I remember that. They also had the 92FS Infinite Justice for sale. Foolishly passed on that too.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Bought two pistols from them, all good no issues

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
No problems with CDNN here. I don't like paying state tax, but I get great deals on stuff I can't find anywhere for what they sell it for, even with the tax.

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Between them and Palmetto my bank account has been greatly reduced.
CDNN always good to go!

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Business dealings are straight-ahead. My beef is their policies regarding the "unfriendly" states. First they wouldn't sell handguns to NY residents. I know our laws are weird, but if you're shipping to an FFL, what is there to worry about? The NY FFL has to take care of the permit paperwork BS.

The last straw was when I tried to buy a Chiappa M1 carbine clone in .22 and was told "We don't sell semi-auto rifles to NY residents." WTF? Nothing? No 10/22s, no Marlin 60s? Those are all perfectly legal here.

Talk about caving to the antis. With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I ordered an AR from CDNN after the Colorado magazine restriction law was passed, but before its effective date. Even though the law wasn’t in effect yet, the company wouldn’t ship the 30-round mag that was normally included in the package. I was annoyed, but I couldn’t really blame them.

Keep in mind that all it takes is for an Alpha Hotel attorney general to claim that a company violated the law and file suit or charges for them to suddenly become stuck with a very expensive defense. More than once some official has decided that the law doesn’t mean what it says and tried to make a name for himself by dragging someone into court over such issues. Even if the defendant wins in the end, what have they gained by the whole thing? A few extra sales?

Then there’s the whole “punish the state” thing. I’m legally exempt from the Colorado magazine capacity restriction, but many companies have an If we can’t sell to everyone there, we won’t sell to anyone there policy—which is something that many gun owners heartily approve of.

And in the end if a company believes it must hire a lawyer to determine whether it can legally sell this semiautomatic rifle, but not that semiautomatic rifle to someone in a particular state, and still run the risk of legal penalties, it’s probably going to just take the easy—and possibly less expensive—route.

If a law makes a company reluctant to do certain types of business, blame the law, not the company.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I've had plenty of dealings with them, both for firearms and accessories. They've always done right by me.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post