SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question about SAO P226 mainsprings
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about SAO P226 mainsprings Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
Are they the same as DA/SA P226 mainsprings?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a really good question.

Wolff doesn't show a different spring.

The mainspring seat is different from SA/DA.

I looked at a schematic on Brownells but they only show SA/DA parts.

Top Gun doesn't show an SAO part either.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I replaced the mainspring on my SAO Legion with a Wolff 17lb spring with no problems. Did the same with my DA/SA Legion and P226RX SAO. I don't recall that the mainspring seat is different between the various P226s that I have, and can't imagine why they might be different.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
I replaced the mainspring on my SAO Legion with a Wolff 17lb spring with no problems. Did the same with my DA/SA Legion and P226RX SAO. I don't recall that the mainspring seat is different between the various P226s that I have, and can't imagine why they might be different.

To what end? Just curious.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smoothed out/lowered trigger pull.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I might have to try that on my SAO Legion.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
Interesting. I might have to try that on my SAO Legion.

Obviously switching to a lighter mainspring has much more effect on a DA/SA pistol, because it is double action trigger. It does noticeably improve the SAO trigger as well. The trigger on my P226RX SAO is simply outstanding with the 17lb mainspring. The spring made a really good trigger that much better.