SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CAA Micro-Roni
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CAA Micro-Roni Login/Join 
posted
So I purchased one of these last week for my Glock 19. Got it yesterday. I guess I didn't realize that it turns the pistol into an SBR and the needed tax stamp. Anyone have any experience with these?

Posts: 258 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To my knowledge they make the micro roni's with a brace that wouldn't make your pistol an SBR, but if it's the one with a stock then yes it would be considered an SBR...

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Micro-RONI: NFA item
Micro-RONI Stabilizer: no tax stamp needed

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it’s the brace you’re ok

I’d not and it’s a stock you might be in a gray area of “intent” just having it in possession with a handgun that accepts it without a stamp

I am not a lawyer though

Posts: 355 | Location: SE, PA  | Registered: March 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I can't be the only one who has this come to mind every time this Roni topic pops up?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in a lgs and saw one of these. I never heard of these til this thread. Ended up buying it. My kid loves it. Added an Aimpoint PRO and a X300 and a big glock mag.

It feels nice. Next week range report.

Mine is the stabilizer one. Can’t figure why they even make the sbr one, that seems like a disaster waiting to happen, legality wise.

My only issue so far is that the QD insert doesn’t seem to work with my rifle slings. Haven’t read enough to determine if I’m screwed up, they use a proprietary QD socket, or whatever.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went ahead and sold it. Seemed like a big liability. If I'm gonna have to get a tax stamp, I want a real SBR.

Posts: 258 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. Probably a good call. Recommend you look at the pistol brace version. Works the same and is even shorter. You lose the mag storage and vertical grip is all. No paperwork no craziness crossing state lines either.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at a LGS yesterday and played with both the Micro Roni Stabilizer brace and SBR versions. Honestly my opinion is that I like the way the stabilizer version felt and handled over the SBR version. Both were very nice but not having to deal with any paperwork was an even nicer icing on the cake if I were to purchase the stabilizer version.................Which I plan on hopefully in the next few weeks for my Gen4 Glock 19 !!!! God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too became interested in the Micro Roni Stab for a G19 recently! One is now setting on my dining room table waiting for a trip to the range.

I purchased it from an individual who claimed to have never used it (it was spotless, no residue or marks). It came with all the extras including the light, flip up sights, sling, case, red dot, etc.

I added a Crimson Trace Rail Master (off the G19 I’m using) and its good to go.

Fit and finish are excellent. It did require some sharp edges (molding lines) smoothed out where the top of your hand holds the grip and rests against the Roni.

Why did I buy this?

Just for fun at the indoor range I belong to!
It also “might” make an interesting bedside gun; but, time will tell and I really trust my 12 ga.

Posts: 116 | Location: Vancouver, WA | Registered: November 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post