SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Can you recommend these grips to reduce grip size of the 92 ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can you recommend these grips to reduce grip size of the 92 ? Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted
My hands are on the smaller size, and I've been looking to reduce the girth of the grip on the Beretta 92F. According to these guys, they are the "Thinnest grips available, anywhere, for the 90 series Beretta"

Do you have these grips, or do you believe them that they are the thinnest available ? I know Wilson Combat is a good outfit, but I'm just wondering if you guys have had success with reducing your grip size on the 92.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wi.../728%2DFS%2DUT%2DBC/

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8679 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't own a Beretta, but your issue is the same on classic P-series double stacks.

The Wilson's are G10's. The G10 material allows a very strong, thin grip contoured in any fashion. All the G10's for my Sigs are thin and reduced the girth, besides providing a superior contour.

Even though Wilson uses "thin", that is probably true of all the G10's

Look at these G10's from Greg Cote. Free shipping. Good on-line vendor.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/ho...2hrt3b2p9h9qppft7t23

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the WC UltraThins on my 92s. They make a significant difference in how the gun feels. Combine it with the WC short trigger and a 92 becomes very manageable for my small hands.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I have the WC UltraThins on my 92s. They make a significant difference in how the gun feels. Combine it with the WC short trigger and a 92 becomes very manageable for my small hands.

This is the correct answer.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those WC grips are gorgeous!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Ultrathins and VZ Palmswells are basically the same grips. If you don't care about the WC logo on there, VZ is running a 20% off sale right now on their versions

side note; a 92F is going to be larger in hand than a modern 92FS or M9A1 as they have upper grip relief making the reach slightly shorter

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Ultrathins and VZ Palmswells are basically the same grips. If you don't care about the WC logo on there, VZ is running a 20% off sale right now on their versions

That's good to know. Thanks. I've been wanting to try the WC Ultrathins but that grip medallion is such a turn-off.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I owned these for the same purpose and got rid of them. I found that Beretta Vertec grips do a better job in reducing grip size at a fraction of price. Minimal amount (3 min with a fine file) of fitting is required.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post