SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365XL vs PX-4 Storm SC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365XL vs PX-4 Storm SC Login/Join 
posted
I have been following for several years now, but just now wanted to post. I am considering a P365XL with the Romeo Zero sight. Currently carry the PX-4 SC after discovering you can use full size mags with an extension to get a 17+1 capacity, and nearly full size grip. Does anyone have both and can give me your thoughts, i know the PX-4 storm is heavier, but i am 6”3” and 265 lbs. the added weight is not an issue.

Thanks

Posts: 3 | Registered: November 27, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are different guns altogether. I've shot SC quite a bit, and carried a Compact. I do own 365XL. SC is not just heavier, it is much bigger and thicker. I always thought it was too big for a subcompact, and with the availability of a Compact the SC never made sense to me. The SC, however, is much easier to shoot well; I've found the entire PX4 lineup to be exceptionally shootable.

I think you might wanna try and rent 365XL before committing to buy it. I am 6'1", size 8 gloves, and I find the grip too small. I can do reasonably OK with it, but comparing to other slimline options like G48, I am slower. I am also slower to draw as it takes more to get a correct grip.

No personal experience with Zero optic. I have one bud who owns one, he is a very strong shooter and knows his stuff. He is quite happy but only shoot 500 rounds with it.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post