SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ P-10c for the Hickok fans
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ P-10c for the Hickok fans Login/Join 
Picture of trickedtrix
posted
https://youtu.be/i97bxWSJY6A

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Interesting review especially with size comparisons.

He did not seem near as enthusiastic about the CZ P10-C as he did his recent April 14, 2017 review of the SIG P320 Compact.

Posts: 9746 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^I gotta agree. Not as enthusiastic about the CZ as he was last week with the FN509.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I have felt them both in my LGS and I was not really liking the FN though he CZ felt GREAT. Neither will displace my Glocks, however, unless they shoot lasers.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I shot a P10 yesterday next to my G17 with a Skimmer trigger in it. I actually shot the P10 a little bit better than my Glock. It seemed more forgiving than the Glock. The trigger was better than any stock striker fire I've tried. I was really hoping I wouldn't like it, but I'll get one when the NIght Sight version is available.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I like that he showed some of the internals.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Noticed his rather lukewarm impressions as well. Not nearly as enthused as he was with the 509, yet I thought he shot the CZ better than he did the FN, at least on video.

Frankly the more I find out about the P-10C the less intrigued I am about it. The Hickok45 video only reinforces that. The CZ seems far less about a unique or innovative way of building a striker, and more of it being an operational clone of a Glock only with a few additive differences. I'm finding myself becoming more interested in the APX than I am with the P-10C, though I've handled the Beretta and I'm still waiting for our CZs to show up.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The mag release on my P10c pistol went from being to hard to use quickly, to being a non issue and just about right in terms of the thumb pressure needed to release the two *loaded* magazines All that was needed was to let the magazines loaded for four days so their springs could take a set. That being said, I think I would have preferred if they had not beveled the mag release button/ pad as much as they did, so it would have more surface area to press on. Also, the slide release/lock has also gotten a little easier to use/release, but its not quite there yet. I would much prefer it had a slight shelve like the Vicker's Glock slide release. I am pretty sure the whole P10c slide release assembly is MIM, which if done right,is not a bad thing in many applications. I think the large reason people are finding the slide release difficult is because the Control in in between the fulcrum point and the catch itself. This results in less mechanical advantage when compared to most other designs that place the actual control at the end of the lever where it catches the slide. The sights on mine are going to go, as I prefer * hardened* steel ones of my preference. I also toned down to my liking the molded in grip checkering ( front and back only) on mine with a fine abrasive scuff pad used in both directions. It is an easy, maybe 5-10 minute job, and you cannot tell it was ever done by looking at it. I only ran about 100 rds of assorted FMJ ball through it with not an issue. My best guess is accuracy is on par with the VP9 and Sig P320. Out of the box and after 100 rds through it and some dry firing the trigger has gotten a little better ( smoother with less creep and a little lighter break). I would like to see it settle in at maybe a pound to a pound and a half lighter. After the trigger and barrel break in at around 500-1000 rds and with the new sights of my preference installed ( thinner front and different rear sight) I will test for accuracy with 147gr HST and 125gr +P Gold Dot. As for holsters, I will be getting a new BlackPoint Tactical leather winged holster, because while my G19 BlackPoint holster is most definitely usable and fits pretty good, the fit is not quite perfect.The following is email I received from BlackPoint Tactical :

http://www.blackpointtactical.com/shop/leather-wing/

Thank you for your interest in our products. We actually mold with the exact model for all of our items. We use the actual CZ for the P10C holster.
We have tested the Glock 19/23 and it does not fit the CZ holster. Please let me know if you have further questions. I'm happy to assist you.

Vanessa Motley,

BlackPoint

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post