SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Does P365 Striker fix require a new slide? [edit]
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does P365 Striker fix require a new slide? [edit] Login/Join 
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Wasn't a fella from Sig on here just a few weeks ago saying there weren't any issues with the 365 and the design was perfect from the start...?

He was using a Jedi mind trick.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a P365 with a June 16 date. I checked and it has the new firing pin. I see tiny bit of the trigger return spring in the magwell. If that's an issue looking like it would be easy to remove the chassis and trim the spring a tiny bit.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sgtbrock
posted Hide Post
Instead of trim just flip it. May be in backwards . Not much but a little difference in each side of spring.

Posts: 15 | Location: Florida | Registered: April 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Smith, Glock, Ruger, Kahr, etc managed to do it. Other than the magazine configuration, which shouldn't affect the action geometry/mechanics, there's nothing particularly different about the P365.

quote:
Originally posted by RoverSig:
One factor behind some of Sig's travails with the P365 is how hard it is to make a small pistol work well. The geometry of all that force and movement in such small dimensions is hard to get just right -- this affects a lot (if not all) small pistols. Even if designed really well, and executed really well, they can be ammo sensitive and wear out springs, peen barrel hoods, etc., at alarming rates.

The answer? Well, the smallest pistol I have total confidence in based on my experiences (YMMV) is also from Sig: The P239. Many consider it a clunker compared to today's micro 9mm pistols, but it is accurate, it's weight dampens recoil well, and it is reliable.

But I'll continue to follow the story on the P365 and hope for the best.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Just picked up a P365 with a June 16 date. I checked and it has the new firing pin. I see tiny bit of the trigger return spring in the magwell. If that's an issue looking like it would be easy to remove the chassis and trim the spring a tiny bit.

That is what i would do.

My pistol has the old striker; have had the gun for months now. The trigger return spring does not protrude into the magazine well. The pistol is quite accurate. Amazingly it seems, accurate. The pistol is 100% reliable; has been shot over 1000 times. The p365 is wonderful. It seems to like me; it follows me wherever i go.

Posts: 76 | Location: Rapid City, South Dakota | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post