SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Does P365 Striker fix require a new slide? [edit]
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does P365 Striker fix require a new slide? [edit] Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The 320 ended any credibility for Sig for me when mine came back worse and they refused to do anything about it.

I'll stick with my beloved alloy P series.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Got mine yesterday, 10 MAY 2018 date on the end label, it has the new striker design.

My born date is 5/12 yet the striker is old style.

I saw a gunsmiths report that indicated a repair involved striker and the entire slide. Read about a second. Unless SIG communicates more, we won't know what is going on. Mine is flawless at 550 rounds but I wonder about it.

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
P365 Striker fix requires new slide

If you read it on the internet, it must be true...
Right! I don't know anything about anything, but I do know there is this thing called tolerance stacking, which has explained many more things to me, many times over.

Everything posted here is also just stuff on the Internet. SIG needs to speak out.

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Odd as the Sig staff here in NH knows nothing of a new slide design. Besides some internet group, where is the proof of this change? Seems that the new style striker, which was never a secret is interchangeable.

So more internet lore?

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Wasn't a fella from Sig on here just a few weeks ago saying there weren't any issues with the 365 and the design was perfect from the start...?

I'm not a WWII pilot (just a aviation history buff) but wasn't the best fighter of the war the P51D (not the A, B, or C variants)? Sometimes it just takes real numbers of real people using a product to figure out what bugs are in a system and address those issues. While we don't get compensated as "Beta" testers, I can't help but think that we all are, regardless of the product.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
quote:
Wasn't a fella from Sig on here just a few weeks ago saying there weren't any issues with the 365 and the design was perfect from the start...?

I'm not a WWII pilot (just a aviation history buff) but wasn't the best fighter of the war the P51D (not the A, B, or C variants)? Sometimes it just takes real numbers of real people using a product to figure out what bugs are in a system and address those issues. While we don't get compensated as "Beta" testers, I can't help but think that we all are, regardless of the product.

But what about righteous indignation!?!

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
One factor behind some of Sig's travails with the P365 is how hard it is to make a small pistol work well. The geometry of all that force and movement in such small dimensions is hard to get just right -- this affects a lot (if not all) small pistols. Even if designed really well, and executed really well, they can be ammo sensitive and wear out springs, peen barrel hoods, etc., at alarming rates.

The answer? Well, the smallest pistol I have total confidence in based on my experiences (YMMV) is also from Sig: The P239. Many consider it a clunker compared to today's micro 9mm pistols, but it is accurate, it's weight dampens recoil well, and it is reliable.

But I'll continue to follow the story on the P365 and hope for the best.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm not a WWII pilot (just a aviation history buff) but wasn't the best fighter of the war the P51D (not the A, B, or C variants)?

No, it wasn't.

The F6F Hellcat did considerably better.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The cleanliness of theory is no match for the mess of reality. That goes even for "engineered" solutions. Hopefully, the mess of reality doesn't end up maiming or killing you.

I don't fault anyone for running into the glass door of reality when it comes to a newly engineered product. We would all like them to be perfect right out of the chute and in some cases they are close. But nothing is perfect, ever, just various levels of good enough.

Communication is another issue. But then, why would you communicate that you have a universal fault until you know you have a universal fault. While I'm not questioning the evidence of an issue with some pistols, is it an issue with all pistols? If you discover the scope is broader than you thought, then you should communicate.

What does SIG know and when did they know it? What is the true scope of the issue? I don't think anyone here knows the answer to either question.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
quote:

But what about righteous indignation!?!

It feels really good, but it's highly overrated.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:

The old pistol sent a pencil about 6" above the muzzle, when pointed toward the ceiling. Pull was fairly smooth and fairly light with a solid striker impact.

The new pistol sent a the pencil about 2 feet above the muzzle, when pointed toward the ceiling. The pull was kind of rough and heavier than my first pistol. The striker impact felt kind of mushy, like the 320s post upgrade.

Have a new P365, build date 6/19 and the pencil test sent the pencil only about 6", not two feet. I'm not a trigger officianado, but I wouldn't characterize it as rough and heavy.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doe:
Any idea when the changes took pkace? Mine is from June 7, 2018.

With additional reports, things have gotten murky over new strikers needing new slides (and no backward compatibility). Most reports, and there are but a handful, indicate between June 8 and 18th. Sorry, I know that doesn't help much. I'm continuing to shoot mine and carry it with a PICO as BUG.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RoverSig:
One factor behind some of Sig's travails with the P365 is how hard it is to make a small pistol work well. The geometry of all that force and movement in such small dimensions is hard to get just right -- this affects a lot (if not all) small pistols. Even if designed really well, and executed really well, they can be ammo sensitive and wear out springs, peen barrel hoods, etc., at alarming rates.

The answer? Well, the smallest pistol I have total confidence in based on my experiences (YMMV) is also from Sig: The P239. Many consider it a clunker compared to today's micro 9mm pistols, but it is accurate, it's weight dampens recoil well, and it is reliable.

I think Kahr did reasonably well with a smaller 9mm.I have had a couple of K9s that I had complete confidence in.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I finally found one locally but this chatter has made me stick with my G43. I liked it but I’ve seen too much to buy one. The novelty of having 10+1 is kind of wearing off also. I’m 7+1 or 8+1 and I can’t make it fail.

Neat pistol design, poor execution.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:
Originally posted by RoverSig:

I think Kahr did reasonably well with a smaller 9mm.I have had a couple of K9s that I had complete confidence in.

This thread had me thinking of how many pistols had major issues on release, even iconic ones like the the P226 with cracking frames and the M9 with locking block failures.

My Kahr K9 popped to mind as a new design that had no issues on release (that I'm aware of). It is an exception though, not the rule. Further, their PM series and other models had lots of issues...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scruff
posted Hide Post
Mine just came in - build date of June 1, and it's the old-style striker. Has anyone talked to Sig yet about replacing the striker? Or are we stuck with the old one? I'll be raising a fuss if it's the latter.

Posts: 13 | Location: Pittsburgh PA | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scruff:
Mine just came in - build date of June 1, and it's the old-style striker. Has anyone talked to Sig yet about replacing the striker? Or are we stuck with the old one? I'll be raising a fuss if it's the latter.
No offense, but if you're basing your assumption on the images on the 1st page, by all means fire away, but I'm not convinced that is representative of an actual design change. Did you read the whole thread?

There is a ton of BS floating around regarding the P365, and a good portion of it is just that, BS.

How's it shoot? Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is my opinion but I believe this whole thing is way overblown. Early on Sig did have some problems both user induced and design modifications. Remembering there are thousands and thousands of these guns in the market and these forums tend to zero in with the same people over and over again, things quickly get out of hand. If this helps, a co-worker bought his early June make and he now has over 2000 trouble free rounds downrange ans it is officially his carry gun.

The best advice I can give you is shoot the heck out of your gun just as you would any new gun.
My 2¢

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My 2/1 preorder from Brownells is here. Build date is May 11th.

I have 250 rounds of 124gr fmj and 250 rounds of 147gr fmj set aside for it at work and I will shoot 50 rounds of +P JHP through it tonight.

I have a trainee working that will load mags for me. Wink

Here’s the first 50 rounds. No issues.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chowser,

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:

I asked about a redesigned striker when I called to ask about some extraction issues I'm having. While the CS rep didn't deny a redesign, he said there was no recall or anything planned for the 365 as far as he knew. I asked if the redesigned striker was available as a purchasable part and was told no.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post