SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Does P365 Striker fix require a new slide? [edit]
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does P365 Striker fix require a new slide? [edit] Login/Join 
posted
SIG quietly, that is with no announcement, rolled a wholly new design into production. The new striker's firing pin is very much more robust at the shoulder. It may NOT fit the original slide. You will absolutely need a compatible slide. The SS third party option may not fit the new slide either.

I just saw photographs in a Facebook 365 Owner Group. There are several of those. This particular group is newer and quite small (under 280 Members).

I'm guardedly optimistic that SIG will announce a Voluntary Upgrade program.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Redford1970,

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Have any supporting pics?

If it's true, I wonder if it's something where they can just ream out the striker channel a bit, or if it necessitates a new slide. Still, I dunno how well they could financially handle another voluntary upgrade. At least the P365 doesn't have the numbers out there that the P320 did.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I kinda thought the magazines would be the problem long term as that is squeezing a lot of spring and rounds into a very tiny envelope.

The issues that have cropped up have rather surprised me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Interesting. Have any supporting pics?

If it's true, I wonder if it's something where they can just ream out the striker channel a bit, or if it necessitates a new slide. Still, I dunno how well they could financially handle another voluntary upgrade. At least the P365 doesn't have the numbers out there that the P320 did.

I don't have any hosting site for the pics. I'll send you an email with it.

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I kinda thought the magazines would be the problem long term as that is squeezing a lot of spring and rounds into a very tiny envelope.

The only reports I am aware of with magazines is unusual wear spots on the followers. SIG says they are cosmetic, yet they are not universal.

Other issues:

There are two generations of gun, arguably three.

The first was replaced early February. Production was briefly halted. Barrel peening, dead and loose sights, some failures to return to battery. They cut new relief cuts on the barrels, new spring rate in the RSA, std Xray sights

Many initial problems with the slide not locking back on empty were mostly user error in gripping.

A few firing pins broke. At first, SIG replaced them with an identical pin. Earlier this month, entire slides were replaced and fitted with the new design. THERE MAYBE NO COMPATIBILITY between New and Old.

A few units had improperly installed or short lead springs for the trigger return.

The third gen 365s will feature a new slide and striker design.

Statistically small numbers have had issues, but as a gun sold for 365 Carry, these things matter.

I'm hoping for a new slide/striker combo in another Voluntary Upgrade sooner than later.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Redford1970,

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
This is why I can't stand Sig and reluctantly bought the 365. I love my 365 but I'm going to sell it. I knew I never should have bought a Sig product again. I can't wait until Glock or M&P comes out with a similar sized gun.

I get that you're a beta tester when you buy a brand new design right away. I'm okay with that, it's part of it...eyes wide open folks.

What irks me is that Phil Strader comes on this forum and lies right to our "faces." Oh it's a small number of strikers breaking....not a big deal...your gun is fine... bullshit Phil.

If I'm wrong and it comes out that Sig didn't change the slide, I'll eat my words and apologize. I don't believe that will be necessary though. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining Phil-boy.

My 365 hasn't failed yet, but I have zero confidence in their engineering. I haven't touched my 365 since the reports of strikers breaking.

Beta testing is one thing, it's part of buying a fresh design in the gun industry these days (sadly), but with that comes the understanding that the company making said unfinished product will treat their customers right. They will be upfront about a gun you're trusting your life to. They will also replace faulty parts on their dime.

But not Sig. Nope, they'll lie to your face and tell you their jacked up gun is just fine...while they secretly fix their shitty work...and you depend on that shitty work to save your life because they said it was "fine."

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
This is why I can't stand Sig and reluctantly bought the 365. I love my 365 but I'm going to sell it. I knew I never should have bought a Sig product again. I can't wait until Glock or M&P comes out with a similar sized gun.

I get that you're a beta tester when you buy a brand new design right away. I'm okay with that, it's part of it...eyes wide open folks.

What irks me is that Phil Strader comes on this forum and lies right to our "faces." Oh it's a small number of strikers breaking....not a big deal...your gun is fine... bullshit Phil.

If I'm wrong and it comes out that Sig didn't change the slide, I'll eat my words and apologize. I don't believe that will be necessary though. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining Phil-boy.

My 365 hasn't failed yet, but I have zero confidence in their engineering. I haven't touched my 365 since the reports of strikers breaking.

Beta testing is one thing, it's part of buying a fresh design in the gun industry these days (sadly), but with that comes the understanding that the company making said unfinished product will treat their customers right. They will be upfront about a gun you're trusting your life to. They will also replace faulty parts on their dime.

But not Sig. Nope, they'll lie to your face and tell you their jacked up gun is just fine...while they secretly fix their shitty work...and you depend on that shitty work to save your life because they said it was "fine."

If I remember correctly they were reluctant to admit that there was a problem with the P938 main spring housing and pulled the same shenanigans.. eventually fixing it, but they took their time. I sold mine for this reason. I was very excited for the P365 but I think I’ll go with a G43 unless they announce a voluntary recall and get right really soon.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Anyone know the production date of the new slide?

My Brownells preorder from 2/1 got charged this morning so it should be here next week. I’ll report back with the build date and pictures if it has the new slide design.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8017 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Pictures would be telling. I'll wait to see them.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
This is the picture from the group that was posted. I don't know the truth behind any of this, just sharing the picture.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The old adage of waiting a year on a new design is proving itself once again. I did it with the G43 when in hindsight it wasn't necessary. But I did it anyways, especially after hearing about cycling issues with its smaller sibling G42. It seems apparent that the P365 wasn't close to being even decently vetted by in-house testing. I don't know what the deal is with SIG and their incessant tendency to release products onto the public before they're properly run through the ringer. I get and fully understand that some small amount of glitches can be anticipated with any new design, particularly as they ramp up the production line but c'mon, these kinds of reports of wholesale design revisions shouldn't be happening so soon after the gun's release. Especially for what is supposed/hoped to be the halo gun in its market segment.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Add to that a recent report on here about firing out of battery in post-upgrade P320's. I guarantee that if I have a firearm failure in a critical time thanks to Sig's coverups and lies, I'll be on their door step and will personally lead the lawsuit that shuts them down.

I'm sick and tired of hearing the apologist line that "glock had problems, too." I don't care about other manufacturers; as a buyer, owner and user of a number of Sig products, I keep hearing Sig state that no problem exists, in the face of numerous public reports. Sig lies, hides, and misrepresents, placing lives at risk, knowingly selling faulty equipment, and making deceptive, fraudulent statements to the contrary.

I'm quite happy to buy, test, and prove it for myself...but I expect that the firearm has been fully tested, vetted, and that I'm getting an honest product by an honest manufacturer. Sig did provide the "upgrade" program, but only after long periods of denial, and LONG after knowing the problems existed (and offering an alternate, upgraded version to the military). We've had no end of apology and excuse here for Sig on that count, mostly saying it no longer matters ,because there's an "upgrade," but damn it, it does matter. A lot.

Sig was just on this forum lying about it again, goddamn it. WTF?????

I'm glad Sig is looking for a fix. I'd be a lot happier if they hadn't released the fucking product until it was ready. AGAIN.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Wasn't a fella from Sig on here just a few weeks ago saying there weren't any issues with the 365 and the design was perfect from the start...?

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3598 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, gotta say waiting a year or three seems to be working out well for me...

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redford1970:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

The only reports I am aware of with magazines is unusual wear spots on the followers. SIG says they are cosmetic, yet they are not universal.

Other issues:

There are two generations of gun, arguably three.

The first was replaced early February. Production was briefly halted. Barrel peening, dead and loose sights, some failures to return to battery. They cut new relief cuts on the barrels, new spring rate in the RSA, std Xray sights

Many initial problems with the slide not locking back on empty were mostly user error in gripping.

A few firing pins broke. At first, SIG replaced them with an identical pin. Earlier this month, entire slides were replaced and fitted with the new design. THERE IS NO COMPATIBILITY between New and Old.

A few units had improperly installed or short lead springs for the trigger return.

The third gen 365s will feature a new slide and striker design.

Statistically small numbers have had issues, but as a gun sold for 365 Carry, these things matter.

I'm hoping for a new slide/striker combo in another Voluntary Upgrade sooner than later.

Do you have some sense of build dates or means of determining which "generation" you have. Mine seems to be on the cusp of Gen 2 and Gen 3 as you describe them. I was built Jun 19.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Wasn't a fella from Sig on here just a few weeks ago saying there weren't any issues with the 365 and the design was perfect from the start...?

Yes, that was the Phil Strader I mentioned in my post.

His word is mud to me. Guy might as well never show his face on camera again. Everything he says will be snake oil to me.

Sig isn't beta testing. They're lying about dangerous issues. That's whats got me hot.

I ordered a new Dan Wesson ECO in 9mm after reading about the new slide. I'm trading in my 365 when it comes in. Never. Again. Sig.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised that anybody would have been foolish enough to try it after all the other examples of problems with new designs. Pulling a Baghdad Bob on the striker shouldn't shock anyone when they did the exact same thing with the 320 drop safe issue. Stop giving these shysters your money.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't have gone there, but it happened that when I stopped in local shop/range, they had one for rent. I handled it, was quite surprised at its size, so rented it. It worked as advertised. I put one on order, and same day happened to be across town at another shop and they'd just got a case of them in. I bought one, took it to the range each day, and it had zero malfunctions, proved surprisingly easy to control. I put it in a pocket holster and carried it for a couple of weeks, did a bunch of presentations from the pocket, etc. Great size, really comfortable to carry, snag resistant. I bought more magazines, shot it some more, still no issues.

The originally ordered pistol came in, and as I'd prepaid, I picked it up. I haven't spent time with it, focusing on the first. The problem is that I won't feel remotely comfortable actually carrying it for defensive purposes until it's had ample ammunition through it; so far they're just for paper or steel at the range. And to have any sense of confidence in them, I'll have to run several thousand rounds through them, between the two pistols.

If I'm interested in a pistol, I'll buy it to try it out. If it works or fails, I get what I set out for; to find out what its' really like. In this case, other than the cost of the pistol, there's the cost of the ammunition. I intended to shoot these pistols anyway, because if they pan out I plan to carry them. I should not, however, need to shoot several thousand rounds to find out of a pistol is up to the task...and even then I'll have to keep wondering if the pistol is going to fail with the next round. No big deal if punching paper on a lane at the local range. A very big deal if one intends to bet one's life on the success of the pistol.

I'm willing to make that bet with my G43, but despite the perfect performance thus far on the P365, I am unwilling to find out if it would fail in a stress situation.

A few years ago I visited a local range where Sig reps brought stacks of weapons for sale. The new stuff could be shot on the range. I shot the P227 and P224 and had numerous malfunctions. The pistols were dry as a bone, no effort to make them ready for the range. It was hosted by two sig reps. I've had some bizarre interactions ordering from them (four orders cancelled in a row, claims that I was ordering from outside the US--I wasn't, suspicious credit card (same one I've had for a long time, and they provided confirmation numbers from each transaction, etc).

These are not good business practices. These are not necessary. Sig has developed a reputation in recent times of less than stellar quality control. Sig has made some outstanding firearms over the years. My P220 is well proven and one of the best production .45's made, in my opinion. The P226 is a fantastic pistol. I like my p229's. My 2340's are a good value. I carried my P239(s) for several years, off and on. I have mixed feelings about my MPX, though there's no doubt that Sig's promises remained unfulfilled and the Gen 1 all but abandoned. Mine is a Gen 1. It's also a testament to Sig's increasing propensity to put out equipment that is not up to the task, and the apology party line is that the ends justify the means...if Sig addresses it in one form or another at some later date.

Sig is becoming HK, because apparently we suck and Sig may not hate us, but Sig does not care.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doe
posted Hide Post
Any idea when the changes took pkace? Mine is from June 7, 2018.

Posts: 64 | Location: Land of Oz. | Registered: March 09, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post