Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p 230 part Login/Join 
posted
I am asking if anyone has or knows where I can get a spring for my 230. I believe it is called the trigger return spring and is located just slightly and to the left of the grip on the left of the gun. It is sort of a circular wire type that is open at one end. Thanks and that’s about the best description I can give as I don’t have a parts list or a skymatic sp?. Thanks

NRA Benefactor Life

Posts: 155 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
If the spring is on the left side, it is either the slide catch lever spring or the decocking lever spring. The former is exposed when the slide is removed; the latter when the left grip panel is removed. So which is it?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Look at this diagram
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/g...-pistols-sig/230-sig

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is the slide catch lever spring

NRA Benefactor Life

Posts: 155 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrsig27:
It is the slide catch lever spring

I thought that might be the case. That spring is easily lost. I sold my only spare to a member who prompty lost that one too.

Your options are to call SIG Sauer Customer Service, shop Numrich (Gun Parts Corp), or post a Want to Buy in the Classifieds here...and pray.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can the gun still function with out it?

NRA Benefactor Life

posted Hide Post
Sadly, it is my understanding that Sig no longer supports that model, so parts may be next to impossible to get from them.
Too bad - I always liked that gun.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 162 | Location: Hendersonville, NC | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Luckily it should be a fairly easy spring to make yourself with a bit of trial and error.

I have had to make a few springs recently. I used wire from the MIG welder for smaller springs like the one in question.

Could be worse. I was once given a pistol for free. Guy said he couldn't find a mag for it.
I couldn't either, had to make my own magazine to get it to work. That took a while.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrsig27:
Can the gun still function with out it?

Yes. Without the spring, I suggest removing the slide catch lever so it doesn't bounce around and lock the slide prematurely. It will be less convenient because the slide will not lock back on an empty magazine, but that is all.

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I'm curious how one could make a spring if you don't have one to compare to. Sounds like a lot of 'trial and error'.

Welding wire was mentioned but doesn't it have to be tempered? Would piano wire work? I've seen 12" pieces in various gauges at ACE and TRUE VALUE. Maybe someone would be willing to lend you their spring enabling you to make one?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the spring from a P232 is the same or close enough to tweek it to fit? I see there is some P232 springs around on the net.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Piano wire would be best choice, but your gonna need to know wire diameter. I don't own a 230 to measure the spring.

You could call sig about repair. I would think they have a supply for repair work.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a offer from a member but he wants to know if I have a v1 or a v2 spring and release lever. I don’t understand- do the 230’s have different variations?

NRA Benefactor Life

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
I wonder if the spring from a P232 is the same or close enough to tweek it to fit? I see there is some P232 springs around on the net.

The slide catch lever springs on the P230 and P232 are the same.

Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:

The slide catch lever springs on the P230 and P232 are the same.

So than this will work? Here is a P232 spring on ebay 3 bids on it right now. 2 days left.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sig-S...377?oid=192427814263

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
That's an expensive spring... Eek

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

That is capitalism at work.

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
quote:

That is capitalism at work.

You got it. Seems like someone could make a good living just producing P230/232 springs.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm curious how one could make a spring if you don't have one to compare to. Sounds like a lot of 'trial and error'.

Yup. But for what the spring is going for on eBay, I could go through lots of error before shelling out that much. Eek

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Eek When I posted the ebay sig p232 part the bid was $25 with 3 bids. Now it is 11 bids at $102! That went up fast.