SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Equinox
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Equinox Login/Join 
posted
Was at my local LGS last week and saw for the first time a P938 Equinox in 9mm.

I just took possession of one last night and haven't had time to take it to a range. I hope to make it this weekend. If so, I'll post my thoughts.

Does anyone have one?

Any information good or bad would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Bish

Posts: 17 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: October 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Basically, all 938s are the same, only difference being cosmetic.

The 938 is a very accurate, reliable pistol. There have been some issues in the past, but they have been resolved with redesigned parts (main spring housing design and the magazine release ). If yours is a current build date, you should be good to go.

Ammo: anything you like for the range. Self-defense I only carry Federal HST 124gr.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
There was also an issue with the safety allowing the hammer to fall on some early production guns. However, as Johnny stated above, all issues have been addressed/corrected on recent models. My year old 938 has been flawless and I too carry HST 124's. The gun is also easy to handle, accurate and relatively comfortable to shoot.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
I had an Equinox version a few years back. It was a nice looking gun, but it had about a twenty pound trigger, and the front sight worked its way loose after 200 rounds.

Despite its quirks, I do miss it and have toyed with the idea of buying another if I can find one.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Findlayref19
posted Hide Post
I've had mine for a couple weeks and have about 200 trouble free rounds run through it. I purchased this 938 because I own a 238 and got so I was shooting it better than any of my striker fired CC weapons. I find it a bit "snappy" but very manageable. The grips are pretty aggressive. I'm considering a set of Hogue grips to see how they work. After a short 200 rounds I am already shooting better with the 938 than I was with the M&P Shield that I had owned for 3 years. I am very pleased with my purchase!

Posts: 4 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a used one. It is an SAS version with added Hogue grips. First time I shot it the firing pin broke. I called a Sig and they emailed me a shipping label. I sent it to them and within a week it was back working perfectly with no charge. It has been flawless ever since. It is a very accurate gun for the size. I do recommend the Hogue grips. They really feel good on this gun.

Posts: 471 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I have been pocket carrying one in a Desantis holster for about 3 years. Never had a problem and I am amazed when I shoot it as to how well it shoots for such a.small pocket rocket!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your responses. Now I'm really itching to get to the range.

Bish

Posts: 17 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: October 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bish1309:
Was at my local LGS last week and saw for the first time a P938 Equinox in 9mm.

I just took possession of one last night and haven't had time to take it to a range. I hope to make it this weekend. If so, I'll post my thoughts.

Does anyone have one?

Any information good or bad would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I have the P938 and the wife has the P238. As already mentioned all P938's are the same mechanically, there are just several models to choose from for looks.

Obviously the wife and I both chose the Equinox. It is by far the best looking one.

The only change we made was replacing the stock grips with the rubber Hogue.

Gun shoots great, very reliable, accurate and so easy to conceal.

You made a great chioce.. Congrats on your new Equinox!!

USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) Bremerton WA.
Sig P938/238 Equinox
Sig P320C RX
Colt Mustang XSP FE

Posts: 50 | Location: Southeast NH | Registered: March 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I picked up this one a couple months ago. I only have about 400 rounds through it, but it's functioned flawlessly. The recoil is obviously more snappy that a 226, but surprisingly mild for a gun this size. I've since changed out the grips for the rubber Hogues, because the G10s just made it feel too small for my hands. I carry it iwb when I really need to conceal, and it's so small & light that you can easily forget it's there.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your replies. I finally took mine to the range a couple of nights ago and ran each mag (3) through a complete cycle twice.

No failures of any kind and it is a very accurate shooter, even for me. Definitely a keeper and a carry pistol.

Bish

posted Hide Post
I had a 238 and got rid of all my 380's, so I upgraded to the 938 Nightmare, and it's been flawless. Gave that one to my brother and got a brand new Combat version. It's a tan overmolded grip like a Hogue, helps to cushion the recoil. Love the 938!

Posts: 213 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good choose. Razz

My wife has a 238 and I have the 938 Equinox, great carry pistols, love shooting them.

Posts: 75 | Registered: June 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post