SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ 75 Aluminum Grips?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 75 Aluminum Grips? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If it's the typical stair step stuff, you'll find that the bigger grit seems to fall off and disappear under use. The skateboard tape is finer and holds up much better.

I used a 3M brand Home Depot tape a few weeks ago on a tac light and it lasted about two weeks. Nothing but the tape left and no grippy abrasive left.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I want palmswell G10 for Compacts.

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
I want palmswell G10 for Compacts.

LOK grips, Palm swell

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
yes, forgot to mention that I've been talking to LOK about colors and stipple patterns. He sent me some pics of some interesting grey, solid color options.

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
yes, forgot to mention that I've been talking to LOK about colors and stipple patterns. He sent me some pics of some interesting grey, solid color options.

Here's a steel frame compact with Bogie palm swells....

I also had him do some solid red for me. He was very pleasant to work with.

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are the palm swells that much nicer? I have the rubber version on a SP-01. They're just meh IMO. Actually the grips I was looking to replace that brought this up in the first place.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Are the palm swells that much nicer? I have the rubber version on a SP-01. They're just meh IMO. Actually the grips I was looking to replace that brought this up in the first place.

For me, yes. However, I can't say you will feel the same way about them. I like the added grip with the G10 Bogies vs. the rubber. For everyday plinking, probably not a huge deal. For $65-75 it's not a huge expense and you can turn the grips over with a @ $10-15 loss in the classifieds if you don't like them.

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by huskerlrrp:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:

For me, yes. However, I can't say you will feel the same way about them. I like the added grip with the G10 Bogies vs. the rubber. For everyday plinking, probably not a huge deal. For $65-75 it's not a huge expense and you can turn the grips over with a @ $10-15 loss in the classifieds if you don't like them.

Same here. I actually like the palm swell of the stock rubber, but hate the rubber. The LOK palm swell is just about as good as it gets, for me.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's because I like 1911s, but flat grips don't bother me. The rounded profile of a stock P320 feels like I'm shooting a coke can. Like I said, I'm an oddball. I know it.

I will likely try a pair, as most of my guns have G10 in somebody's iteration of a golf ball pattern (piranhas, recons, simonich Gunners, etc).

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have aluminum grips for my CZ as well as for a couple of Sigs. Although I like the aluminum, I have come to realize I prefer the G-10 material better. Nothing wrong with aluminum, but the G-10 style will be for me going forward.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^ That's nice, because for the longest time, the only thing Hogue made for the CZ series was the rubber grips.

Now, they just need to also branch into the CZ compact guns.

They made/make wood grips as well (bought a pair about 12 years ago).

Agree wholeheartedly about grips for the Compact series.
Been looking at Hogue to produce them since the '90s.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post