SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ 75 Aluminum Grips?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 75 Aluminum Grips? Login/Join 
posted
Anybody running the CZ Aluminum grips on their 75? I am thinking about a set of the checkered ones for my SA, but have never had the opportunity to feel a set.
These are what I was thinking about.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Had it on my CZC P-01 SDP. Didn't like it. Too flat. Your palm is not molded that way. Have G10 on the gun, now.

Q

Posts: 26343 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Had it on my CZC P-01 SDP. Didn't like it. Too flat. Your palm is not molded that way. Have G10 on the gun, now.

Agreed. Too flat, too thin...

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you have the TS style with the grip tape inserts? What I'm looking at appears to more resemble the contour of the factory grips...

Either way, thanks for the information. I guess I will look for a set of G10 in a loud color. Vz still does lime green, I think.

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Did you have the TS style with the grip tape inserts? What I'm looking at appears to more resemble the contour of the factory grips...

Yes, the old style with the partial grip tape inserts.
quote:
Either way, thanks for the information. I guess I will look for a set of G10 in a loud color. Vz still does lime green, I think.

Check out LOK grips, also.

Q

Posts: 26343 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried the new Shadow 2 style grips? Are they better?

I will give LOK a look. I have heard they do custom work for reasonable rates as well as their catalog items.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Check out Hennings grips. They keep the palm swell.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
LOK does very nice G-10 with a palm swell. The material they use looks of higher quality than VZ too. Just bought two sets of VZ's during their X-Mas sale and they are a disappointment.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I used the older style thin aluminum grips for years. I only stopped because I screwed them up experimenting with adding textures on the rear portion. The flatness is what I liked. And while the thicker ones "felt" better in my hand, the thins pointed truer.

I replaced them with a set of LOK non palm swell grips.. they're slightly thicker than the CZ aluminum thin, but not terribly so. I don't have any appreciable trigger time with them yet though.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
LOK does very nice G-10 with a palm swell. The material they use looks of higher quality than VZ too. Just bought two sets of VZ's during their X-Mas sale and they are a disappointment.

I agree that the palm swell LOK grips are great. But, I'm not sure how you can tell the VZ ones are lower quality. They are similar quality to me, at least the ones on my guns.

Maybe the Christmas sale grips were made of poorer quality materials?

Q

posted Hide Post
Cas, where did you get the colored grip tape?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Agreed. Too flat, too thin...

I agree.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not CZ factory grips but Hogue aluminum smooth. I have LOK's and Pachmayer G10's on my compacts and they are great. My brother has several sets of factory CZ aluminum grips and prefers those.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put some Hogue Extreme aluminum grips on my SP-01 and like them alot. They feel much the same as the g10 grips on my sig p220.
www.hogueinc.com/grips/springfield/cz75/aluminum.

Posts: 59 | Registered: January 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ That's nice, because for the longest time, the only thing Hogue made for the CZ series was the rubber grips.

Now, they just need to also branch into the CZ compact guns.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:

Amazon, it's actual skateboard tape.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Meh. I prefer the rubberized palm swell grips that the SP-01 Tactical uses. All of these fancy composite fiberglass grips are unneeded expenditures for and to me. I keep the flat alloy grips panels on my T-SA just 'cause that's what came with the gun. Doesn't mean that I actually like 'em in hand, but they make the gun look kewl, in that silly manner that only a CZ fanboy can only understand. Plus I shoot the gun damn well as is.

I've only redone a single 75B with thin VZ panels because Amazon had them cheap a year or so ago and I just HAD to be curious as to how they feel. Hated them; even the cheapish feeling factory plastic panels provide superior purchase on the gun. The LOK option seems nice in comparison but it's not like the factory panels really feel so bad that I need to spend the money to (Barbie) doll up my CZs...like I do with certain Glocks (but then it's well established in certain sectors that Glocks are butt-fugly). But that's me. And I'm good with that when it comes to CZs.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Meh. I prefer the rubberized palm swell grips that the SP-01 Tactical uses. All of these fancy composite fiberglass grips are unneeded expenditures for and to me. I keep the flat alloy grips panels on my T-SA just 'cause that's what came with the gun. Doesn't mean that I actually like 'em in hand, but they make the gun look kewl, in that silly manner that only a CZ fanboy can only understand. Plus I shoot the gun damn well as is.

I've only redone a single 75B with thin VZ panels because Amazon had them cheap a year or so ago and I just HAD to be curious as to how they feel. Hated them; even the cheapish feeling factory plastic panels provide superior purchase on the gun. The LOK option seems nice in comparison but it's not like the factory panels really feel so bad that I need to spend the money to (Barbie) doll up my CZs...like I do with certain Glocks (but then it's well established in certain sectors that Glocks are butt-fugly). But that's me. And I'm good with that when it comes to CZs.

It's certainly a personal preference thing. I live in the deep south and sweat a lot. The rubber grips were ideal from a size perspective, but they got slick for me in summer months. The LOK palm swells were not only comparable in profile, they were truly grippy in all weather conditions. YmmV, but the LOK's were a game changer for me when they came out.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

It's certainly a personal preference thing. I live in the deep south and sweat a lot. The rubber grips were ideal from a size perspective, but they got slick for me in summer months. The LOK palm swells were not only comparable in profile, they were truly grippy in all weather conditions. YmmV, but the LOK's were a game changer for me when they came out.

I agree. I always preferred the rubber but not enough grip when moist. In the past, I've run the flat aluminum, the VZ checkered (both styles). I'm nearly 100% in the LOK Bogie palm swells. They are on all my Production guns and concealed carry/home defense. It's really a personal preferences. There is a guy nearby selling some Scale grips for the CZs as well.
I've taken the stock plastic grips and molded areas with Sugru for better ergonomics, and then coated with 2 part epoxy and then 80 grit silicon carbide. They are the most comfortable but leave some random carbide particles here and there.

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:

Amazon, it's actual skateboard tape.

Thanks. Will take a look. I am using stair tread tape right now. A little more aggressive than deck tape, but doesn't last as long either.