SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 30S still made?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 30S still made? Login/Join 
posted
Stopped into my LGS for some ammunition and was curious about the 30S. Asked if they had one in the back inventory.
Salesperson told me Glock discontinued the model?
I'm sure I could find one online but I'd like new if I could.
Anyone else hear this or is the salesman full of crap? New salesman too at my LGS and no one else was working.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock still shows it on their line-up, and has a tab to click that says "buy now."

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g30s

Glockmeister shows it for sale:

https://www.glockmeister.com/G...0S/productinfo/G30S/

The G30S is a G30 with a G36 upper on it. Same width frame as the G30, just a narrower uppper. As a result of the narrower upper, it has the same thinner barrel as the G36, which as I recall isn't a +P barrel, if that's a concern.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Im guessing hes wrong as distributors are still showing them.

GLPH3050201

Drop me a line if you end up going new.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is an excellent .45 carry gun. Hope you are able to find one. I have one since '14, love it and keeping it.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
My LGS has them in stock still.

Great carry .45, I love mine

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Yep, didn't have to get off his ass and go look for it did he?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, although it would have taken less time to look it up than to actually post the question.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Yep, didn't have to get off his ass and go look for it did he?

I have a feeling he walked in the back and didn't even look. He went back there because I saw him walk back but it was probably a half ass look.
I know the owners and I'll probably go back down and order one of have them look personally.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
My LGS has them in stock still.

Great carry .45, I love mine

I agree. I've had mine for a couple years but have yet to carry the darn thing. Maybe this fall I'll do it.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the gen4 30 come with the slim slide?

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:

No. It uses the standard G30 slide, and there isn't a Gen 4 G30S available from the factory. But you can swap the slide from a Gen 3 G36 or G30S onto the Gen 4 G30 frame, and make your own ersatz Gen 4 G30S.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Need to fix my grammar. Razz

Guess I will have to source a 30S or 36 slide then. Wanted a thin companion to my gen4 21.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Didn’t like my 30s. Like my original 30, never should have sold that one. My 30s recoiled just perfectly back into my bones and would fatigue me quickly and cause me to limp wrist it.

My original felt great. No idea why so different for me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Didn’t like my 30s. Like my original 30, never should have sold that one. My 30s recoiled just perfectly back into my bones and would fatigue me quickly and cause me to limp wrist it.

My original felt great. No idea why so different for me.
I'm with you on this. I had both a Gen4 G30 and a G30S, and, for me, the recoil was appreciably different and uncomfortable.

If I was looking for a "carried a lot, shot a little" pistol for IWB carry, then the G30S would probably make more sense. For any significant shooting, I'd opt for the Gen4 standard slide all day long.

Now just waiting for Glock to start selling a Gen5 G30, and I'll be in a happy place...

Posts: 105 | Registered: February 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:

No. It uses the standard G30 slide, and there isn't a Gen 4 G30S available from the factory. But you can swap the slide from a Gen 3 G36 or G30S onto the Gen 4 G30 frame, and make your own ersatz Gen 4 G30S.

I wrote and offered to train a chimpanzee to run over to the Glock 36 production line and then over to the Gen4 Glock 30 production line. Slide the top end onto the bottom and Viola Gen4 30S!

They must have not liked my suggestion and sent me a reply, "Nein Nein NEIN! Gewerkschaftsregeln verbieten es!"

Hell I don't even speak German!

Smile

Posts: 4801 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post