SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Superior?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Superior? Login/Join 
Picture of chaswea
posted
Agree or disagree ---The Sig P series of guns 220,226 and 229 and the other P guns, and if compared to other manufactures gun platforms, the Sig is superior. I do own an Italian made Beretta 92 FS that I think is outstanding. Every time I think I need a new hand gun I keep reminding myself why bother buying anything other than a Sig.

Posts: 28 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: August 02, 2014Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
"This one is superior to that one" almost always devolves into a pissing contest.

Q

Posts: 26375 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
They are very nice but far from superior. The superior firearm is the one you shoot well, durable, accurate and it's somewhat affordable. I transitioned my by Department from Sig P229 to Gen 4 Glocks because of cost, ergonomics (grip size), ease of use (one trigger pull) and durability (less lube, runs with less care, $ for parts and ease of maintenance- glock tool vs Sig armorers kit). I shot my off duty P229 tonight and prefer it to my issued Glock but for the Dept, Glock made more sense.

DPR

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I honestly think you can generally only compare generations of weapons vs specific ones when talking about high end firearms.

I would argue the Beretta 92 and P22x series are equal. Individuals will find them better or worse on a personal level and each have individual pros and cons.

I think we can say the Beretta 92/P22x generation of pistols is absolutely superior to what came before (by generation I mean all the high quality pistols that came out around that generation)

I would argue the current plastic fantastics are generally superior to the generation that the SIG P series / Beretta came from. I wouldn’t argue a Glock is superior to a 320 or vice versa.

Before everybody jumps on me I love metal frame pistols and think a P226 or 92 or CZ are incedibly capable platforms and certainly more “desireable” as a hobbiest. That said plastic fantastics are generally more durable, require less maintenance, are cheaper, have fewer parts, and can be easily spooged out in all shapes and sizes.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Superior by what definition?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Report This Post