SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92 fans - G conversion kits IN STOCK and shipping on Tuesday
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92 fans - G conversion kits IN STOCK and shipping on Tuesday Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Guessing the older 92S slides are designed differently.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 4781 | Location: South of Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I now have a 90-Two G.

Definitely not a "drop-in" project though!

The Brigadier is next in line.

Posts: 1119 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine came in today, it took about a half an hour to install on my 93 Vertec. I used the instructions on the Beretta page and wished that there were photos or illustrations. Still it went together well and works.

Posts: 152 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Mine should be here tomorrow. I look forward to installing it over the weekend (during our "Snow event").

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 21409 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Watch the yourube video a few times before trying the install. I use a large ziplock back when doing the detents. It works. I have been saved a few times from losing detents and springs.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 4781 | Location: South of Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GP229:
I now have a 90-Two G.

Wait, what? This thread is about the M9/92FS etc conversation. Did you get it to fit a 90-Two? Thought they could be converted to decock only with 90-Two specific parts since day one.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 1820 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, my 90-Two is now de-cock only.

You just have to re-work the lever to make it match the original 90-Two lever.

It also disassembles and reassembles a bit differently than a 92 series, which is why the modification is needed.

My 90-Two is .40 though, so I can't speak for one in 9mm.

Picture of Jimineer
posted Hide Post
I just installed the conversion kit in my M9A1 Compact INOX. The decocker would not return to the up position after decocking. The left side control detent would hang up in a small groove when the decocker was pressed down into the decock position. I disassembled and used the original detent instead of the one that came with the conversion kit and it worked as expected. The new left side detent was just slightly larger than the original detent. Seems to be working correctly after testing with a dummy round.

BTW, I removed the firing pin block first thing so I didn't need 3 hands to get the left side control free. After reassembly, the DA trigger pull was noticibly smoother. I has already put a D hammer spring in it. I wonder if some crud was keeping the firing pin block from moving freely? Anyway, I'm a happy camper now pending live fire testing.

Except for having to swap the one detent total time was probably 30 minutes including watching a YouTube as I did the install.

Posts: 2866 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
quote:
Originally posted by GP229:
I now have a 90-Two G.

Wait, what? This thread is about the M9/92FS etc conversation. Did you get it to fit a 90-Two? Thought they could be converted to decock only with 90-Two specific parts since day one.

the retro kit was engineered off the 90-TWO g kit parts. I have both and have compared them side by side along with a regular 92G lever set. The retro kit is nearly identical to the 90-TWO.

Posts: 607 | Location: Leesburg VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Retro kit on the left, 90-Two on the right.

It took a bit of machining to get the retro lever to fit in the 90-Two slide.

The option was to re-machine the slide, but I see no sense in modifying the gun to fit the part.