SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92 fans - G conversion kits IN STOCK and shipping on Tuesday
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Beretta 92 fans - G conversion kits IN STOCK and shipping on Tuesday Login/Join 
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Will this work on a 96A1?

Yes

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4785 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Report This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
Picture of soggy_spinout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lamarw:
Thank YOu, I guess I have one of those old 92 FS Inox. It was a birthday present from my Spouse back in Feb. 2010.

These days the 92FS INOX is 'Made In America', with reuse and economies of various M9 parts and controls standard operating procedure so sadly no silvery bits like the older Italian version came with. Even the look of the finish for slide and frame isn't quite the same. But yes, I too would be one happy camper if Beretta were to also make and provide these finished with my Italian INOX in mind.

Posts: 7674 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Report This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Beretta offers an inox control replacement set these days. The older guns that were all silver had stainless controls but they were too brittle and would crack. The current controls are all much better quality carbon steel. The optional control kits are hard chromed as I understand it.

Should Beretta offer the same hard chromed options on their kits? I think we all agree that we'd love to see it.

Posts: 1098 | Location: Leesburg VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
My two kits showed up today. Just put one in the 92A1, me likey. I'll probably put the other in my Inox Brig. Fifteen minutes tops, and that was taking my time. I predict Beretta will sell a lot of these Smile.

ETA: Just did the Brig. The slide is just too wide for these. The right side lever rubs on the slide and it does not return to fire. Matter of fact it took me 15 minutes of cleaning up the rear or the right side lever just to be able to get the roll pin in; this wan't finish this was metal powder coming off. I assembled everything without the springs amd used a punch to hold the two pieces together. I had to work the crap out of it to get it to move. So I put it all together with the springs and after I drove the roll pin in I can move it but it won't return to fire without pushing it. If you look at the bottom of the right side 92A1 lever you see daylight; the Brig is rubbing the slide. A half a mm more and I'd be in business.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mbinky,

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
My kits arrived today, Thanks again PGT!

Posts: 10000 | Location: Carolina but Texas in my heart | Registered: November 13, 2009Report This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Crap. I bought a kit for my Brig. Think a file would solve the issue?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 5163 | Location: South of Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Report This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Beretta offers an inox control replacement set these days. The older guns that were all silver had stainless controls but they were too brittle and would crack. The current controls are all much better quality carbon steel. The optional control kits are hard chromed as I understand it.

Should Beretta offer the same hard chromed options on their kits? I think we all agree that we'd love to see it.

The trigger bar is still black though isn't it?

Posts: 11722 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Report This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Crap. I bought a kit for my Brig. Think a file would solve the issue?

If you want to sell it for what you paid I will take the kit. Let me know email in profile.

Posts: 11722 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Report This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Smile. I'm going to see if it fits in my Brig, if not I have my old old 92F to toss it in.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 5163 | Location: South of Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Just finished getting it installed in the Brig. I must have assembled and dissassembled that thing 50 times. I think I can literally install the safety lever with my eyes closed lol. I had to take ALL the finish and some metal off of the back side of the right side lever. After I had it down to bare metal I coated it with Oxpho Blue, reinstalled it, worked it a dozen times, took it apart, and hit the shiny spots with a small file again. I could also see where it was hitting on the slide as it was leaving shiny marks (stainless Brig). Finally after there was a hint of daylight beneath the lever it would work correctly. Well about 98% of the time. It sticks ever so slighty now, so little that barely a touch returns it to fire. Beretta notes that some finish may need to be removed and oil used, which I did. My slide must be on the outer edge of tolerance for thickness because there was NO WAY that lever was moving without the file work. Not down, not up. I picked the Brig up last week and I will note that even the FS levers were hard to move up and down so I am really thinking my slide is a little wide. The install on the 92A1 was flawless; you could fit about a sheet of paper between the lever and the slide. Works 100%. On the Brig light wouldn't even shine through. I had test fit the left side lever in the slide and it rotated easily but I took off a bit of the finish on the "barrel" portion anyway with some emery paper and oiled it up. Hopefully the more I work it the smoother it will operate.

Overall I'm pleased with the kit. Well thought out and easy to install.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I gave up on my Brig and reinstalled my low pro single wilson. Going to dig out my 92f and put it in that. Sadly it's black and my 92F is stainless

Not minority enough!

Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Went into my Italian FS threaded barrel nice and easy. As a lefty I like that the right side lever is higher on the slide. Comparing it to a factory G model the conversion still hits the rear tab of the trigger bar disengaging it to act as the safety. This is because of the way the detent pocket is milled on the FS slide allowing the tail of the detent to disengage the trigger. The factory G pocket is at a different angle and the tail doesn't engage the trigger bar since it was not meant to be a safety.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 1940 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Converted my 92A1 tonight. Took about fifteen minutes with no fitment issues. Love it.

Posts: 2045 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Report This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Just installed it in my old 92F while watching For the love of Spock.

Works nicely.

Not minority enough!

posted Hide Post
Installed the G conversion kit in my 92FS tonight. I had to lightly sand the high spots in the finish on both lever assemblies to get them to fit into the slide. After that small amount of fitting, they went together great. After assembly, I operated the decocker lever about 100 times, it worked flawlessly. If you are considering adding this to your 92FS, it is an easy upfit to a great pistol. Beretta did us a favor with this one.

"Animis Opibusque Parati"

Posts: 977 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the single sided Wilson lever would be any different/longer?
Wilson

Has anybody tried one?

Bruce

quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Just finished getting it installed in the Brig. I must have assembled and dissassembled that thing 50 times. I think I can literally install the safety lever with my eyes closed lol. I had to take ALL the finish and some metal off of the back side of the right side lever. After I had it down to bare metal I coated it with Oxpho Blue, reinstalled it, worked it a dozen times, took it apart, and hit the shiny spots with a small file again. I could also see where it was hitting on the slide as it was leaving shiny marks (stainless Brig). Finally after there was a hint of daylight beneath the lever it would work correctly. Well about 98% of the time. It sticks ever so slighty now, so little that barely a touch returns it to fire. Beretta notes that some finish may need to be removed and oil used, which I did. My slide must be on the outer edge of tolerance for thickness because there was NO WAY that lever was moving without the file work. Not down, not up. I picked the Brig up last week and I will note that even the FS levers were hard to move up and down so I am really thinking my slide is a little wide. The install on the 92A1 was flawless; you could fit about a sheet of paper between the lever and the slide. Works 100%. On the Brig light wouldn't even shine through. I had test fit the left side lever in the slide and it rotated easily but I took off a bit of the finish on the "barrel" portion anyway with some emery paper and oiled it up. Hopefully the more I work it the smoother it will operate.

Overall I'm pleased with the kit. Well thought out and easy to install.

Hanlon's Razor /prov./ A corollary of Finagle's Law, similar to Occam's Razor, that reads "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”

--Leonardo da Vinci

Posts: 2461 | Location: NV | Registered: October 06, 2011Report This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
kits back in stock... BUSA13 for 15% off

Posts: 1098 | Location: Leesburg VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Report This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
I wonder if the single sided Wilson lever would be any different/longer?
Has anybody tried one?

not compatible. I already tried.

Not minority enough!

posted Hide Post
Thanks for saving me money and time Smile

Bruce

Hanlon's Razor /prov./ A corollary of Finagle's Law, similar to Occam's Razor, that reads "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”

--Leonardo da Vinci

Posts: 2461 | Location: NV | Registered: October 06, 2011Report This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
I assume these don't work on the 92S as it is not listed. Does anybody know why they don't work?

Posts: 1616 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Report This Post