SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 10mm mag release issue
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 10mm mag release issue Login/Join 
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
I bought one of these when they first came out. As I recall there were some threads about the mag release not working entirely properly. I believe there might have been a post by Bruce Gray.

When trying to insert the magazine, i have to depress the mag release for the magazine to go in. Yes, I could try to just slam it in. Perhaps that would work, perhaps it would resolve the issue eventually. However, forcing things doesn't seem to be a good strategy as a rule.

Anyone had this issue? How did you resolve it? Might a local gunsmith be able to either reshape the mag release (assuming that is the issue) or change it out for one that works correctly. I don't really know what the issue is in detail.

I did return my P220 10mm to SIG twice. SIG replaced the magazine catch on both occasions. Third time was the charm, as I have had no further issues with the older style magazines.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:

Actually, the P220-10mm has been reasonably popular, enough so that it's recieving a new variant.
Stay tuned; you'll love this.

-Bruce

Thank-you sir! I am glad to hear the gun is selling well--both versions I have seen are excellent. This new one sounds exciting too!

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post