SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Experts enter - Pistol Choices
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Experts enter - Pistol Choices Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:
I really like the legion line, I have a 226 sao and been thinking about the 229 to carry. The 229 elite is nice I was also thinking about it. In my case I don't like manual safeties on my defensive handguns so either the elite or legion would be my choice over the Baretta.

Just fyi..... The WC Beretta is a 'G' model, with a decocker. Doesn't have a safety.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
I found it funny that no one endorsed the Beretta, but according to the poll it has 14 votes versus the 19 for the 228.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally didn't endorse or vote for anything. It seems to me those are all excellent, fairly good size relatively heavy pistols that are very similar in operation. Personally I would be partial to the Cen Tac as I am very impressed with mine. However you need to select a carry pistol that works best for you.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
All good choices but I have to go for the P228 of the options listed. The P229 is my faborite platform but I would not want the large beaver tail on my carry gun. If you has listed the P229 Legion as an option, that would be my runaway choice. You should take a closer look at one. It is a much better gun out of the box than the Elite. The trigger is absolutely fantastic and it has the reduced beaver tail.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W Ladysmith or 3913

Posts: 8 | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just recently bought a Legion 229 RX in 9MM and to me the extra features are well worth the extra money. The SRT single action trigger is about 3.5 pounds with minimal creep and the DA is very smooth running a hair under 9 pounds. I wanted the Romeo 1 because of my old eyes, but the X-Ray sights are also excellent.

I do not have any experience with the Beretta, Wilson or other wise. I do have a couple of his 1911’s and can say they do good work. I think Wilson has some stuff on Youtube that maybe of interest. From what I can gather one of the main differences between the Beretta and Sig is the decocting mechanism. Whatever you choose, you should be well served. Good luck and good hunting in your next purchase.

Posts: 7 | Location: N. Texas | Registered: June 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
I would go for the Beretta cause I want one. Have multiple P228s and a couple P229s. Op gave 3 choices so I won't mention I will never own a Glock Big Grin

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rickyc:
S&W 3913

They are great carry pistols.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
of the three? 228, but it's not what I'd choose as a carry gun.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would go with the P228.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my railess M11-A1, compact, aesthetically pleasing, soft recoil, accurate, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any of those pistols are good pistols. Go with the one that feels best in your hand and points the most naturally. If you can shoot all 3, the one that also shoots the best for you. Really, you're comparing apples to apples and it comes down to personal preference. Although I feel the Beretta is one very large 9mm.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I think I’d make sure my pistol worked satisfactorily in stock form before spending money altering/customizing it.

Agree that the G19 carry gun idea has merit.

I agree with the first part....(no real experience with Glocks though) run 500 rounds through the new weapon before doing any extra work on it... I took a brand-new never fired out of the factory Sig P226 m25 to a 4 day course last year and put 600+ rounds through it with out one hiccup.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post