SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 vs PT111
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 vs PT111 Login/Join 
posted
The P365 does have a better trigger, but otherwise, I can't disagree with these goofballs. And the PT111 (or G2C) is often offered for $179 or so.

P365 vs PT111

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, "It works more better than a P365. Don't be a pussy."

They claim to have fired over 4k rounds thru it out of the box without any cleaning or lubrication, with only a couple of double-feeds."

It's a decent video review from the goofballs.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both. For the price the PT111 is hard to beat. I have had my PT111 since it came out and have not had any problems with it. I even got nitesights for it. I also have a P365 that is one of the first ones to come out too and have not had any problems with it. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, if you don't have around $500 to spend on the Sig and you want a double stack magazine pistol the Taurus is an awesome deal. I've had two and they were completely reliable. The low price of the Taurus and the recent price reductions of S&W M&Ps have shown that you can make a reliable pistol with decent to really good levels of quality for fairly low prices.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3523 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The G2c is most comparable to the P250 sub-compact. They can even share holsters. As an aside, my G2c functions well with P226 magazines.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Ignoring the whole Taurus reputation issues, the PT111 is a significantly bigger gun, especially in width.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gaspipes
posted Hide Post
PT111 vs P365???? Really? Those guys should work at a major firearms retailer and see how many Taurus get returned for repair or flat out money back vs how many Sigs of any description come back.

You'd never know this in a smaller shop because they don't return firearms or even offer to send them back to the factory for repair. If they did, they wouldn't sell Taurus anymore.

If the customer needs/wants cheap, sell them a Ruger EC9s/LC9s, at least they work.

With Taurus if you got one that works, congrats. If you didn't good luck. You have maybe a 50/50 chance of getting one thats reliable out of the box.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Posts: 1345 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That may or may not be true of Taurus firearms in general but the G2 is reliable out of the box. Will it outlast a Sig or Glock, probably not but for less than $200 someone can buy a decent reliable gun that will serve the needs of the majority of people.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3523 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gaspipes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
That may or may not be true of Taurus firearms in general but the G2 is reliable out of the box. Will it outlast a Sig or Glock, probably not but for less than $200 someone can buy a decent reliable gun that will serve the needs of the majority of people.

As someone who has done returns on a bunch of them(G2), I disagree. Wink

Μολὼν λαβέ

Posts: 1345 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not really a conversation I wanted to get involved in and I’m not hating on the G2c I think it’s a great gun for the money, but I’m not sure it’s going to outlast a Glock (and I’m not a Glock fanboy, but they definitely have undeniable reliability and longevity).

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
they just need to fix the trigger and the pt111 would be the bees knees

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the trigger definitely needs some improvement. The actual pull weight and feel aren't that bad, it's the long pull, where you think the gun should have fired several times before it actually does. Taurus should dump the second strike capability that no one cares about and shorten that pull length.

posted Hide Post
I don't own any of those model Taurus pistols but the price is right. They are probably the most frequent guns used in crimes and recovered in my city. I don't know about reliability either but many of them are successful at putting holes in people and property..

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gaspipes:
quote:

As someone who has done returns on a bunch of them(G2), I disagree. Wink

As somebody that won't sell them due to the amount I see break on the range (customers guns they purchased elsewhere) I agree with you.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own both. The G2C is no P365. To begin with the G2C is bigger - a lot bigger. The sights are not night sights. The trigger is not even close.

For the money the G2C is something special. It is a reliable 9mm and it is fairly concealable. The grip texture is very nice. But its just a hair smaller than a G19. The trigger, and that trigger "catch", can be learned, but its a pain.

But if you want a great trigger, outstanding sights and high capacity 9mm in a gun that can be concealed as easily as a 380, then you will appreciate the P365.

The Sig is special and worth the difference in price.

Posts: 430 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post