SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P229 RX, Romeo 1 X-Change Kit. What's Your Thoughts, Reviews?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P229 RX, Romeo 1 X-Change Kit. What's Your Thoughts, Reviews? Login/Join 
posted
Looking for thoughts, reviews, or opinions from any of our forum members who went with the RX X-Change kit, instead of getting the whole P229 RX pistol. Thanks

P229 AE 41XXX

Posts: 294 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I have not heard great things about the Romeo mini red dot sights. I have a friend with one that died after a week and read a couple of similar stories on other forums. I wouldn’t trust my life on a cheaply made Asian Red dot site.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I have not heard great things about the Romeo mini red dot sights. I have a friend with one that died after a week and read a couple of similar stories on other forums. I wouldn’t trust my life on a cheaply made Asian Red dot site.

I have 2 RX's (226 SAO & FS 320) and 1 226 RX Xchange kit. I have put over 5k combined rounds through the 3 guns and I have not had an issue yet. I loved my RX's so much I bought the RX Xchange kit for a SSE 226.

The only issues you read about is when someone used the plastic screwdriver to tighten the battery cap instead of a metal screw driver. I use one of my RX's for my home gun. They are good to go! Well worth the money.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two mini red dots, purchased at about the same time - a gen 1 rmr adjustable, and the romeo that came on the p320rx compact. Having shot both for months, the rmr started having battery contact issues on a 9mm carbine, so the dot would flicker. The romeo on the 320 has had zero issues, and I've shot thousands of rounds through both.

I also prefer the shape of the Romeo window over the rmr.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up the P229 RX exchange kit yesterday. Figured I would try it, and if I don’t like it, just sell it and take a loss. After zero’d, will test it out this weekend with some +P.
I noticed something different internally about the RX slide compared to the standard one. Will post pics later this evening.

P229 AE 41XXX

Posts: 294 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After 300 rounds of use so far through the P229RX 9mm x-change kit, I have had only one serious failure, and that is with the rear iron sight coming loose. And when I say loose, I mean I can slide/move the sight freely from side to side with my fingers. Too bad because I had it dialed in pretty well, hitting small groups at 17 yards with just the RD.
Although, I have read people suggest LocTite as a solution. But I don’t think I would trust that as a long-term solution.
Will contact Sig CS and see if I can send it to them.
Otherwise, the Romeo 1 itself has functioned very well. Being able to acquire targets quickly with both eyes open is a big plus, especially for someone with aging eyes. The battery cap will come loose if you don’t tighten it well.

P229 AE 41XXX