SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Cabelas’s P365 DEAL.... $525 with freebies and no sales tax!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cabelas’s P365 DEAL.... $525 with freebies and no sales tax! Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
$525 with 12 round mag, box of range ammo, no sales tax 2A event....

The advertised deal was $530 for the P365 or $600 for package with 12 round mag, Sig factory holster, and a box of Sig ammo. My store didn’t get any holsters, so the substitute is gun/mag/ammo for $5 less than the advertised price of gun alone. Score!

My local store started with 50 P365s when the doors opened. Only had 6 or 7 of the 12 round mags though. I was lucky number five, DOB 6/29/2018

Sales guy says Cabela’s has been hoarding them for this sale....

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
OMG, what a shit show....

So I wrote the original post while waiting for their system to do all of it stuff and to be called up after clearing the NICS check.

About an hour into it, we are all clear and ready to check out, and that is when the fight started....

System is ringing up a total of $570 something instead of the $524.45 price. Sales folks can't figure out why, the gun rings, it is price adjust so gun w/tax is the correct total. Then they add in the mag and ammo, adjust them to $ .01 and when that happens, the tax discount disappears and is added back in.

They have to find a manager, three of them working but can't seem to be located. Finally call one and he says "Oh, with the package the sales tax promo is already taken into account on the price so you have to pay tax on that deal. It is a package and not part off the no tax on guns promo".

Customer #1 calls BS, nothing on the promo says "some exclusions, not valid with any offer" or any other such thing. Sales folks call manager and ask him to come explain the bait and switch to the customers because the sale folks agree with us and seem to be growing concerned about our pending wrath.

A different manger come over and says the substitute package is separate from the advertised thing so not included. Customer #1, and now Customer #2 call BS again, their sign basically says says "We don't have what was advertised, we are substituting this instead" - with no mention of it being excluded or subject to tax etc.

Now Customer #3 and me (Customer #4 did a layaway to go get his CPL and had already left before the fiasco began) start gathering around so we can all hear what the manager has to say. People are starting to talk about cancelling the sale, others are getting pissy over being backed up because all four registers are tied up on the package transactions and now nothing is being done for others who are trying to buy guns, even ones other than the P365. Voices are raised, threats to cancel Cabela's cards are bantered about, manager is being surrounded. He is concerned that with 50 P365s in stock, it will be too much to let it go.

I point out that they only had 7 of the 12 round magazines, the packages are all gone. Further more, they can now change the sign to what ever exception/exclusion they want for those who aren't here yet but for us, we were told one thing and then another, classic bait and switch. Meanwhile guys at the gun counter are still taking 4473's and entering sales orders. More and more people and transactions are being backed up, things are getting ugly quick!

Manager capitulates! Tells cashiers to appease the unruly mob and over ride taxes, then makes his escape. POS (Point Of Sale/Piece Of Shit - either one works...) system still has issues because once mags and ammo is rung in, they can't get tax to clear. One renegade cashier says "Fuck it!" scans gun, adjusts the gun only $529.99 price to the $524.45 package price, gets the tax adjustment and just doesn't ring the mag and ammo. Fuck the system!!! - go old school cashiering and just ring in a price.

Other cashiers say "Doing it that way will mess up inventory, we can't do it that way", renegade says "Not my problem, manager said charge the package price, this is how we can do that, lets get these people's money and get them out of here. The rest is a problem for the mangers, not for us!"

The people cheer! Cheap P365's for all!

I imagine there is going to be a lot of unhappy folks and a lot of confusion over this at all the different Cabela's stores as they all use the same POS system and different managers are going to have differing ways of fixing the problem. My guess is they will change or end that promo real soon (or all of a sudden be "out off stock on P365's" until the 29th when the ad expires - which does mention while supplies last, so no obligation for raincheck..)

Today though, I am the victor and I ended up with a P365 for an effective out the door price of $464.45 ($464.45 gun + $45 magazine + $15 ammo = $524.45)

Wasn't really planning on buying a second P365, but for that price I just couldn't pass it up! Plus, they say the fastest reload is a second gun Big Grin

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Glad they found a way to close the deal, what a mess.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
I ended up with a P365 for an effective out the door price of $464.45 ($464.45 gun + $45 magazine + $15 ammo = $524.45)

Great score! That is $8 lower than my IOP purchased P365.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Saw that 524 sign the other day. Had a feeling they were going to try to exclude it from the no tax deal. I want one but not that holster for 599. I plan to get one but expect they will be sold out this evening.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Mine was out by the time I made it there. Pretty bummed about that. They said they had 10.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I stopped off at Cabelas to just to fondle the 365 and ended up buying it, they didnt have any 12 rd mags or any of the other advertised pieces so I just ended up getting the pistol at a cost of 487.59

It has a build date of july 01 so it's 13 days old. they said they only received 9 guns and 3 12 rd mags. they Had one pistol and the display model left. going to get some 12 rounders as soon as I can find some. I hope I like it Smile

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same thing at my store in Maine. I walked away with one and a box of v Crown less mag but they gave me a rain check on the mag.

Posts: 340 | Registered: January 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
The East Hartford, Connecticut store only had three or four in the morning. I understand I missed the last one by about 45 minutes. No holsters and I don't think they had any magazines either. (In Connecticut it's a 10-rounder of course.)

This special is the FRONT PAGE highlighted deal on their flyer. $600 for the gun, holster, mag and ammo. (No sales tax deal here that I can see.)

Really Cabela's? Three or four guns in-store for a sale that runs for 16 days?

On the flip side, the staff was very friendly. They too were pretty annoyed corporate would do something like this since all of the disappointment falls on them.

They provided me with a rain check. We'll see how that goes.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4989 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
How much does the 12 rounder extend compared to the 10rd extended? I guess it would be the range mag.

I went earlier in the week but they refused to price match Dunhams.

They said the Dunhams $50 off a regular priced handgun of $499 or more did not allow them to match it. They had to match the $550 gun price.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
One renegade cashier says "Fuck it!" scans gun, adjusts the gun only $529.99 price to the $524.45 package price, gets the tax adjustment and just doesn't ring the mag and ammo. Fuck the system!!! - go old school cashiering and just ring in a price.

Other cashiers say "Doing it that way will mess up inventory, we can't do it that way", renegade says "Not my problem, manager said charge the package price, this is how we can do that, lets get these people's money and get them out of here. The rest is a problem for the mangers, not for us!"

Big Grin

Renegade for the win...

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I went to the range today to try out my 365 , 300 rds went flawless with my 124 gr fmj reloads out of a dillion 650. I also brought my 43 and 42 glock for a comparison. the 365 is really close to the same size as a 42. but the 42 is much softer shooting but thats to be expected giving the different calibers. the 365 kicks slightly less then the 43 but not real noticeable.
to be fair the 43 has the +2 taren tactical extensions which makes the 43 more comfortable to shoot, the 365 with just the 10 rd mags digs into the palm of my hand not unpleasant but it's noticeable. when I find some 12 rounders I'm hoping this will go away, the rough texture of the grip is o.k. but I kind of wish it felt more like the 43.
one thing I really like about the 43 is the sound of the action closing not that that makes any difference but it does something for me. Smile

the ten round sig mags are a little tougher to load but, I could easily do it by hand.

Overall with the higher capacity smaller frame I would have to go with the 365 providing the 12 round mags eliminate the palm dig, I guess that wouldn't be a big deal just for personal defense but I plan on shooting this for fun. one thing is for certain after shooting the sub compacts the 19 feels like a brick.

Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
I went to the range today to try out my 365 , 300 rds went flawless with my 124 gr fmj reloads out of a dillion 650. I also brought my 43 and 42 glock for a comparison. the 365 is really close to the same size as a 42. but the 42 is much softer shooting but thats to be expected giving the different calibers. the 365 kicks slightly less then the 43 but not real noticeable.
to be fair the 43 has the +2 taren tactical extensions which makes the 43 more comfortable to shoot, the 365 with just the 10 rd mags digs into the palm of my hand not unpleasant but it's noticeable. when I find some 12 rounders I'm hoping this will go away, the rough texture of the grip is o.k. but I kind of wish it felt more like the 43.
one thing I really like about the 43 is the sound of the action closing not that that makes any difference but it does something for me. Smile

the ten round sig mags are a little tougher to load but, I could easily do it by hand.

Overall with the higher capacity smaller frame I would have to go with the 365 providing the 12 round mags eliminate the palm dig, I guess that wouldn't be a big deal just for personal defense but I plan on shooting this for fun. one thing is for certain after shooting the sub compacts the 19 feels like a brick.

I think after you drop a 12 round mag in the P365 is becomes a whole new weapon, almost exactly the same size as the Glock 43, but a slightly shorter barrel, and you can get a full hand grip on the pistol.

The height of the weapon from the bottom of the magazine is almost exactly the same height, only noticeable difference is the weight, given the extra 6 rounds it carries over the 43.

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I just found 3 12 rounders at my LGS and your correct^^ it makes all the difference in the world gun feels completely different. going back out it the morning to shoot some more.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered mine....

Posts: 102 | Registered: June 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post