SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P938 Edge cleaning
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P938 Edge cleaning Login/Join 
posted
New to the forum great info so far. Did a couple searches but couldn’t find my specific question. I have the P938 Edge as a back up to my 320c RX. This has an iridescent slide. Just curious how durable the finish is on this. I use a CLP or Strike Hold products to clean and wipe down my guns. How well does this hold up?

Thanks again

Posts: 5 | Registered: April 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't give you a finish durability answer but my question/comment on "fancy" finished slides is,
have you made sure you can rack that gun with cold or wet hands? I have found many have difficulty which has been easily solved with the addition of some rubberized tape applied in the serration area.
Just something to check out.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t find it any harder to grip then my other pistols. It’s actually easier because of the size.

posted Hide Post
If you carry it shoot it or clean it expect wear. Nothing put to good use stays pristine. Finish wear is the equivalent of laugh lines on a persons face

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True, but you wouldn’t use bar soap on your corvette to keep it clean. I plan to use it, enjoy it but you wouldn’t need as strong a cleaner outside as inside. Holster wear will be its history

posted Hide Post
The 938 Edge has, I believe, a rainbow titanium finish. I have had several of these pistols and several knives with the same finish. It is VERY durable. I clean mine with a soft cloth, such as an old t-shirt or receiving blanket. When the breech face is very dirty I will use a soft toothbrush and some Eezox and lightly brush the face. Most of the nasty comes off quite easily. I carried a P239 with this finish for two years. The grips got scarred up, but the finish never showed a scratch, nor was there any muzzle or holster wear after hundreds of holsterings. My only problem was the finish was so slick, it didn't want to stay in a holster without a retention strap, and it was a bit hard to chamber as my arthritis progressed. Enjoy your pistol!

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great to hear, thanks so much.