SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I scored a very early model Ruger Single Six
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I scored a very early model Ruger Single Six Login/Join 
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted
There are a few gun sale pages left on facebook.
A couple of days ago I spied the Ruger. A day off from work,a half tank of gas and 4 hours of driving got me this

The serial number puts it at 1955/1956. The flat loading gate was changed to the rounded gate in 1957. The frame and loading gate have a plum appearance. I did not get the original box.

I paid $275

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's awesome. Plum patina like most have, screws aren't buggered, grips are outstanding, not converted and the only wear is what you'd expect from one that was used and not abused. Great buy that you can enjoy to use and have in a collection!

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Good score! I always enjoy plinking with the Ruger Single Six.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Nice Flatgate.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice score. If it's an original 3 screw and hasn't been upgraded to the new firing system, even better!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Were you wearing a ski mask when you got that, because you flat stole that! That is really great!

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
That is truly a thing of beauty. Enjoy!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Nice score. If it's an original 3 screw and hasn't been upgraded to the new firing system, even better!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy it has not been converted. I left an hour early so as not to be late. I was pretty excited. Lol

My 11 year old son was pretty excited too. He took the day off from swimming and video games to go along with me. It's been a good day.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
A little jealous. Nice pickup!

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice early flat gate and a bargain at that price. I have one in the 16,000 range that is not in as good of shape and I paid much more for it.

They are very fun to shoot.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You got a deal on that one . Iwent into a gun shop not long ago and they had a mint 3 screw 22 S/S with mag cyl 4.5/8 barrel which I never see . I had to take it home , was 339 plus tax .

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Nice! I've done those drives to score a good gun before.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:
You got a deal on that one . Iwent into a gun shop not long ago and they had a mint 3 screw 22 S/S with mag cyl 4.5/8 barrel which I never see . I had to take it home , was 339 plus tax .

I think you got a deal on yours as well.

posted Hide Post
Very nice. Has the true 22 Cal groove diameter barrel before they added the 22 mag cylinder. Almost always more accurate since the slightly larger groove diameter to accomadate the 22 mag.

Posts: 208 | Location: Littleton, Co. USA | Registered: August 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice a steal, would like to have one like it.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post