SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My P220R Carry is almost complete
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My P220R Carry is almost complete Login/Join 
Picture of rockchalk06
posted
I sold my German two tone P220 a few years ago and have regretted it every day since. I've been thinking about another P220 for awhile now. I traded into this one a few weeks ago for killer deal. Never owned a Carry model before, but jumped. Previous owner (good friend) purchased it new and put around 20-25 rounds down range. Didn't care for a 45.

I installed an SRT kit, Sig slim grips and a TLR-7 today. Night sights are about 80%, but I am planning on getting a set of HD night sights and a different trigger. It was originally an E2 model and the only bugger was the factory box might not be the original as the labels are gone. It's the current small black plastic one. For the deal I ended up with, I think I can live with it. This is one helluva shooter too. Accuracy is damn close to my M11-A1. I've taken two classes with it and couldn't be more pleased. 500 rounds now of 230 ball and 230 grain HST +p with zero issues. She now protects the compound. For a little stubby light, the TLR-7 is damn bright too!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rockchalk06,

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Great looking setup!

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
Your P220R Carry setup looks great! Well done!

Posts: 4594 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that is a fine looking setup. Will you also be carrying it?

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:
Now that is a fine looking setup. Will you also be carrying it?

Thanks folks.

Probably not honestly. It’s kinda big and bulky. I may get a decent IWB later on and use it for camping/hiking, but here in Oklahoma, there isn’t too many critters I can’t dispatch with a mag full of 147 grain HST’s if need be.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've carried my DAK P220R for ages here in Oklahoma. It has been my favorite SIG. Picking up a NIB P220 Carry SAS tomorrow that will probably replace it for around town. Still will carry the P220R in the woods and boat. That CCI shotshell #4 will take the head right off a copperhead. I have other SIGs but the P220 series is my favorite - easy to carry in a Sparks VMII.

P239
M11-A1
340 M&P

Posts: 552 | Location: Okla | Registered: August 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do they make a compact sas

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! The GGI PSAIT is a great trigger and a bargain at $39

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
Nice! The GGI PSAIT is a great trigger and a bargain at $39

Thank you. I may end up ordering that one.

posted Hide Post
The P-SAIT is a great trigger. Have it in my P220R DAK and already have one for my P220 SAS Carry. They were on sale over the 4th at $29 but they are still great at $39.

P239
M11-A1
340 M&P

Posts: 552 | Location: Okla | Registered: August 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post