SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New HK SP5K-PDW - trying to track one down!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New HK SP5K-PDW - trying to track one down! Login/Join 
Picture of reloader-1
posted
HK released an update to the SP5K, adding the paddle magazine release and a three-lug barrel that should have been on the first iteration.

I’ve been on the hunt for a couple weeks, without any luck, but wanted to see if anyone knew of one in stock at or below MSRP? Also wanted to discuss this model, if any other members are interested!

https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/sp5k-pdw/

Posts: 2324 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I have my name down at a couple of LGS lists, eagerly waiting a call.
Looking at GunBroker, it seems many shops are putting their first units up for auction with crazy prices being paid.

I missed out on the SP89 when they originally were available and then banned and didnt buy a SP5K hoping that the rumored PDW version would materialize, so I am really excited and hoping to find one soon.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From what I gather, they are rare as "hen's teeth" at MSRP or below. There seems to be a lot of folks looking for one as we speak.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
I’ve been on the hunt for a couple weeks, without any luck, but wanted to see if anyone knew of one in stock at or below MSRP ?

I think you're gonna wait a while Wink

I was reading on the HK Pro forum, lots of instances of HKs being snatched up quickly at well over MSRP. Today, one sold quickly for $4500 on Gunbroker

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
The timing on it sort of stinks going into this fall with the election coming up they will be even less available than usual I’ll bet, which is still less than enough to satisfy. I heard HK is on “holiday” for August, maybe that means Germany as a whole? Anyway I was told production would be halted until September. Who knows if it’s true. I waited too long to get my SP5 and as a result had to pay more than I wanted, though it was well worth it.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
They went for insane amount, like $7,525.00 this past weekend on GB. Eek
This thing is never going to be below MRSP.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/876742810

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
bought this when you could get them for under $1600...

this was 3+ years ago though

Hell, I'd sell it for only $6525!

Posts: 4021 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
MSRP? Not gonna happen anytime soon.

I wanted the SP5 immediately, so I got raped on Gun Broker the other week.

It’s the gun I always wanted, so I got it as a toy and “investment”.

I loooove it.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
There's two PTR 9KT PDW available via JDI Firearms / Sanswissarms.com, if anyone is interested:

https://www.facebook.com/JDIFirearms

Apparently HK parts are 100% interchangeable with the PTR model.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a PTR 9KT and it's been a stellar performer. Does everything the HK will do for a lot less.
It will never have the prestige of the HK, but it's a well built pistol with a lifetime warranty. Put side by side to my HK SP5 the build quality is pretty close.
I'm like most and prefer the genuine HK, but is the HK worth twice the price? Only you can decide.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These days you can’t even find a used Glock under new Glock msrp let alone an MP5

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a PTR 9KT and it's been a stellar performer. Does everything the HK will do for a lot less.
It will never have the prestige of the HK, but it's a well built pistol with a lifetime warranty. Put side by side to my HK SP5 the build quality is pretty close.
I'm like most and prefer the genuine HK, but is the HK worth twice the price? Only you can decide

I enjoy PTR products and think they are great as well. However, a good friend of mine owns a range and has burned through two of the 9KTs at the rental counter. The cam rollers deform the receiver under full auto usage. Word of warning to those who want to put their registered sear into one.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since ptr offers a lifetime warranty what was the results of asking them to fix these guns?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the HK worth the extra cost? Yeah, I'd say so. A clone, no matter how good it is, will always carry the stigma of it being a knock-off. Someone who knows the guns will see the practical value in the Zenith or PTR. But also realize that those will always be copies. The less knowledgeable and savvy about the specifics and minutiae of guns will also almost always gravitate towards the real deal. It's what little they know.

"What's a PTR? I thought Zenith was an old electronics company my granddad worked for. Enough of this nonsense, now show me the HK."

And this in turn will help drive up the monetary value of those originals. So yeah, it's worth it.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since ptr offers a lifetime warranty what was the results of asking them to fix these guns?

apparently "pound sand" not meant for full auto.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Makes no sense since they say auto sear ready right on the specs. I’m going to ask directly but not sure this has all the facts.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK could sell many more of these than they will ever import, so most of the people that want them will have to pay over sticker on gunbroker. It is hard to understand why HK never seems to meet the demand for what American customers really want and are willing to pay for.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
HK could sell many more of these than they will ever import, so most of the people that want them will have to pay over sticker on gunbroker. It is hard to understand why HK never seems to meet the demand for what American customers really want and are willing to pay for.

A lot has to do with German export laws and the paucity of capacity in a dwindling German firearms manufacturing industry. HK doesn't make every single part in the gun and there's a first tier of ODM/OEM suppliers they rely on. Same with any major manufacturer (Sig included...they use the same Tier 1 supplier as HK for some finely machined parts)

Posts: 3078 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finding a PDW; best bet is to find a major HK dealer and camp on his doorstep. Those guns are allocated to the regional reps, who then decide which of his authorized dealers will get first crack at them.

Fair warning: like most other guns coming out of Europe, the changes due to political policies made because of COVID has impacted both supply chain and the gun maker's ability to make and ship product. We heard it from Walther. And Springfield with their XD family. Glock is clearly not shipping as much as they were a year ago. HK is apparently no exception to this dilemma. They've been very late on deliveries, and what orders so far that do show up has been piecemeal. Just like SIG NH has done HK has also discontinued selling some models as well, primarily to streamline production operations; the button release VP9s is one victim of this, for instance. HK had said back in January that they were going to make SP5s in much larger numbers, but as 2020 has turned into the shitshow that it has, that promise has so far been unfulfilled. Last year we received a good number of the early SP5Ks. But this September with the SP5 we've received only a third of last year's SP5K amount by this time last year, primarily because our rep isn't getting the gun to 'allocate' to dealers.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I gave up looking for a PDW and bought a Euro Import SP5K. The upside is it has no Warning laser markings or import marks that I have found, which I really really like. Downside no 3 lug barrel or paddle mag release.
I just didn't want to miss out again should a import ban befall us. This helps close that K hole in my collection.

I was able to get it for a price much less than the PDW's are selling for.

I plan to add a HKParts.net paddle mag kit in the future.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post