SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Holster Fitment
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holster Fitment Login/Join 
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted
I like to promote the shooting sports – primarily IDPA, USPSA and ICORE. In order to get an interested person to their first match, it sometimes takes the loaning of some equipment. That is the situation in which I find myself right now.

There is a match coming up in a little over a week. My new shooter has a P226 SAO Legion. I have a Blade Tech holster and mag pouches for my P226SL and I’m not sure whether this holster – made for a standard SA/DA P226 with a Sig rail - will fit his Legion with the true Picatinny rail (or have I been misinformed?).

Anybody out there with a P226 Legion using a Blade Tech holster? I have already checked with Blade Tech and their answer was ambiguous at best. The shooter and I live too far apart, and don’t get me started on the transport laws in the PRNJ, to physically try the fit, so I’m turning to the Sig collective for a definitive answer.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1449 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
My Blade Tech Revolution holster fits my 226 Legion just fine.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I should have specified that this is a Classic OWB (Kydex).

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1449 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
You do get that the only P226R that doesn't fit in the rest of the holsters is the MK25, and that the Legion is just a fancy 226R?

The only big issue is IF the holster is cut low enough to not interfere with the safety.

That is the only question. The SAO throws a bit of a wrinkle in due to the manual safety. And you may not be able to tell if it would "work" without trying it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
You do get that the only P226R that doesn't fit in the rest of the holsters is the MK25, and that the Legion is just a fancy 226R?

The only big issue is IF the holster is cut low enough to not interfere with the safety.

That is the only question. The SAO throws a bit of a wrinkle in due to the manual safety. And you may not be able to tell if it would "work" without trying it.

That's the information I was looking for. I was laboring under the misconception that the rail on the Legion was a true Picatinny. Since it is a standard Sig rail, there should be no problem. The holster is cut low so I don't think the ambi thumb safeties are a concern. Thanks for your input.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Right on, man. Best of luck to you in competition.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post