SIGforum
Holster Fitment

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/8380052434

December 07, 2017, 07:03 AM
Pizza Bob
Holster Fitment
I like to promote the shooting sports – primarily IDPA, USPSA and ICORE. In order to get an interested person to their first match, it sometimes takes the loaning of some equipment. That is the situation in which I find myself right now.

There is a match coming up in a little over a week. My new shooter has a P226 SAO Legion. I have a Blade Tech holster and mag pouches for my P226SL and I’m not sure whether this holster – made for a standard SA/DA P226 with a Sig rail - will fit his Legion with the true Picatinny rail (or have I been misinformed?).

Anybody out there with a P226 Legion using a Blade Tech holster? I have already checked with Blade Tech and their answer was ambiguous at best. The shooter and I live too far apart, and don’t get me started on the transport laws in the PRNJ, to physically try the fit, so I’m turning to the Sig collective for a definitive answer.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member
December 07, 2017, 08:04 AM
Snake207
My Blade Tech Revolution holster fits my 226 Legion just fine.

December 07, 2017, 09:36 AM
Pizza Bob
Thanks. I should have specified that this is a Classic OWB (Kydex).

NRA Benefactor Member
December 07, 2017, 10:31 AM
jljones
You do get that the only P226R that doesn't fit in the rest of the holsters is the MK25, and that the Legion is just a fancy 226R?

The only big issue is IF the holster is cut low enough to not interfere with the safety.

That is the only question. The SAO throws a bit of a wrinkle in due to the manual safety. And you may not be able to tell if it would "work" without trying it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

December 07, 2017, 12:18 PM
Pizza Bob
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
You do get that the only P226R that doesn't fit in the rest of the holsters is the MK25, and that the Legion is just a fancy 226R?

The only big issue is IF the holster is cut low enough to not interfere with the safety.

That is the only question. The SAO throws a bit of a wrinkle in due to the manual safety. And you may not be able to tell if it would "work" without trying it.

That's the information I was looking for. I was laboring under the misconception that the rail on the Legion was a true Picatinny. Since it is a standard Sig rail, there should be no problem. The holster is cut low so I don't think the ambi thumb safeties are a concern. Thanks for your input.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member
December 07, 2017, 12:29 PM
jljones
Right on, man. Best of luck to you in competition.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"