SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P229 Grips Recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 Grips Recommendations Login/Join 
posted
Anybody recommend a good place to look for replacement grips for a E2 gripped p229? I have factory piranhas on my 226 and 220 and would kind of like something similar. Have the magwell grips on a 227 and they are nice as well. All were purchased on clearance. Would like to be in the $50-75 range.
My only other 229 came with the rubber hogue finger grooves, which I replaced for old 228 panels. I only know of hogue as far as 229 G10 panels. Vz is my go to, but they offer very little for sigs.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are a set of G10 P229 grips for sale in the classified section here. I don't know whether they will fit your pistol or not.

Your best bet is to watch the for sale section here to get grips in your price range.

Posts: 93 | Location: Arizona | Registered: March 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
The E2 style has the standard grips screw holes, you'll just need to make sure you buy the screws when you get your grips.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I have been packing for a move and I came across some silver aluminium SIG grips NIP that I forgot I had bought.

I never put them on a gun

Mostly because I like wood on my 229s

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those Sig Equinox grips are the sexiest grips I have ever seen. I had one years ago and should have kept the grips. They are the epitome of form,beauty and function.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
That P229 stainless reverse two tone looks great. Has the look of an Equinox w/o the rail Smile

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cherokee2u:
That P229 stainless reverse two tone looks great. Has the look of an Equinox w/o the rail Smile
That is the Equinox/Stainless Hybrid that came out years ago. There were two runs of 400 pieces if my memory is correct. It was only offered from the factory in 40S&W so I had to change the barrel

If you look at my two Equinoxs below it, you will notice the upside-down one does not have a rail Smile Yes, it was purchased that way

Since taking that photo, I had the LaserMax switch/take-down lever nickel plated to match the rest of the controls. I will get a new picture one of these days

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post