SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Will the P226 SAO parts fit in the X5 Allround? Would someone be able to post a pic of their P226 SAO with their grips off?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will the P226 SAO parts fit in the X5 Allround? Would someone be able to post a pic of their P226 SAO with their grips off? Login/Join 
posted
Greetings...I have an X5 Allround that I want to convert to SAO...I am hoping that I can just get a P226 SAO and swap the fire control parts...anyone have any thoroughgoing or ideas on this? I know the X5 parts are impossible to find. The Allround already has the cutouts for the SAO parts

Also, would someone be able to post the pics of both sides of their SAO frame with the grips off?

Thanks for your help!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Astro,

Posts: 439 | Location: Omaha, Ne | Registered: May 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Depends on the frame, if it has the cuts for SAO parts.

Easiest way to confirm is take off the grips and post a photo.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I don't believe this is possible...at least not without some serious modification. Where would you mount the Safety lever?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
Possibly. Some of the newer style X5s use a different variant of the SAO parts. It really depends on the manual safety spring to be honest.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks...my Allround is the original model with all the cutouts for the sao parts

Posts: 439 | Location: Omaha, Ne | Registered: May 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I will take and post pics ASAP...thanks again

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Would someone be able to post some pics of their SAO without the grips on?

Thanks

Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
The stainless is an X5 comp with adjustable trigger conversion. The Nitron finished gun is a P226 SAO Elite frame. Notice the different safety springs. You may want to remove the decock lever to see which safety parts are needed.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post