SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 interest rekindled
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 interest rekindled Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
So after a lot of reading and hearing recent glowing reviews I have once again become interested in the P365, after initially becoming disenfranchised with it from reports of teething issues. I have heard that the striker drag among other quirks have been worked out and the new ones are GTG. Does anyone have a serial number range I should be on the lookout for as in which serial number began the fully rectified current version, whatever one this may be (3rd or 4th revision)?

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
My understanding is third Generation or pistols manufactured after July 2019...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Atleast around these parts, the used ones sell for around brand new price. Might be best to just purchase new.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
Atleast around these parts, the used ones sell for around brand new price. Might be best to just purchase new.

If you can find one...almost impossible to find around me.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Sign up with PSA for email notifications. They regularly have them back. But, you got to be quick, because they go real fast.

They don't have the original (small) one right now, but the XL is in stock, if anyone is looking.
https://palmettostatearmory.co...ck-365xl-9-bxr3.html

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

Okay that helps some. Any idea on serials? I could call Sig, but they aren’t there Weekends if I find one when I’m out today.

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Sign up with PSA for email notifications. They regularly have them back. But, you got to be quick, because they go real fast.

They don't have the original (small) one right now, but the XL is in stock, if anyone is looking.
https://palmettostatearmory.co...ck-365xl-9-bxr3.html

Yeah with PSA by the time I’m done reading the email stuff is gone much of the time.

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
quote:

Okay that helps some. Any idea on serials? I could call Sig, but they aren’t there Weekends if I find one when I’m out today.

As far as SIG is concerned, there is currently only one generation of P365. There have been rolling changes/updates/upgrades made, but SIG doesn't acknowledge any sort of Gen 2/3.

I think the answer you're looking for was covered in this thread:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...290068374#9290068374

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Question for you 365 experts. I just bought a 365 with manual safety. I prefer a safety on this gun I know opinions on that vary. My reading though has indicated that the manual safety parts are easily removed from a safety version leaving EXACTLY a non safety version 365. Pop it in a non cutout grip module and you have the non safety version. Is all of that true and accurate? My research keeps getting the lawyer nonsense about modding a safety. If it’s literally the same gun by removing the parts and swapping the module though I would like that option as well. What think you SF brain trust?

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Question for you 365 experts. I just bought a 365 with manual safety. I prefer a safety on this gun I know opinions on that vary. My reading though has indicated that the manual safety parts are easily removed from a safety version leaving EXACTLY a non safety version 365. Pop it in a non cutout grip module and you have the non safety version. Is all of that true and accurate? My research keeps getting the lawyer nonsense about modding a safety. If it’s literally the same gun by removing the parts and swapping the module though I would like that option as well. What think you SF brain trust?

The FCU is independent of the safety. The manual safety is part of the frame. Yes, you can swap the FCU into a regular, non-MS frame w/o damaging anything. You can also take a P365-MS and remove the MS from the frame, if you can live w/ the little cutout back there. It's completely safe to do so.

The P365 evolved from the P320. Both platforms were designed to be modular, so you could swap the FCUs between smaller & larger frames, different calibers, frames with or w/o MS, etc.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Pedropcola

There are 3 pieces to the manual safety. The safety lever, the spring and the detent pin. These three pieces are set into position in the FCU. The FCU is then set back into the grip module. The grip module must have the cutouts for the safety lever.
https://www.sigsauer.com/sig-s...s/p365-parts-picker/

In the reverse, you can remove the safety parts and install the FCU in a regular grip module.

A good video is available on GreyGuns website. https://vimeo.com/369664928

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you gentlemen. I was hoping that was the case. I will probably leave it as a manual safety version but I’m a big fan of options.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok. Holy crap. I watched that grayguns video. I feel stupid for even asking the question now. Lol. That was so simple it’s not even funny. Very excited to play with this gun.

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:
quote:

As far as SIG is concerned, there is currently only one generation of P365. There have been rolling changes/updates/upgrades made, but SIG doesn't acknowledge any sort of Gen 2/3.

I think the answer you're looking for was covered in this thread:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...290068374#9290068374

Looks like things have been fine for a while now, about 2 years or more. Can’t believe that the 365 has even been out since 2018. Time flies, wow!

Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I stop in at Academy stores in my general area about 3 times per month, and more often than not, there are a couple of P365s on display. Most of those times, they have the FDE and the grey ones - rarely do I see them in black.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1160 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like things have been fine for a while now, about 2 years or more. Can’t believe that the 365 has even been out since 2018. Time flies, wow!

The P365 was introduced in Jan 2018 and last month reached one million units of production (or billion depending on which announcement you read Wink).

4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
If you can find one get the Tac pac. I picked one up. it's a great deal, as you get 3- 12 Rd Mag's . It also includes a holster. The pistol I got does have the manual safety, it's nice because it's just like my 938..

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might want to shoot one first. The trigger be it curved or straight pinches my finger just like a Glock. Regretably sold mine.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The SAS (without the ridiculous porting) is in stock at the moment at Sportsmans Outdoors Superstore.
https://www.sportsmansoutdoors...&utm_campaign=010520

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q, do you like the SAS sights?