SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Dry fire 365?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dry fire 365? Login/Join 
posted
Just picked up new 365. Sept 9, 2018 date.
Can't shoot it until Sunday.
Dry fire or not? Nothing in the manual about it.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
Sure, no problem.

Clean it, dry fire and then get it to the range. If you'd prefer, go ahead and load the magazine with some snap caps.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig has said that dry firing is not an issue, however............

I have had 2 broken strikers on my P365. Both of those have evidently happened during dry firing because I've left the range with a functioning pistol, completed several dry firing sessions, and the next time I go to the range the first trigger pull is nothing but a click.

Before the first broken striker I rarely used snap caps. Since the first repair I have NEVER pulled the trigger without either a live round or a snap cap in the chamber. Still had the second striker failure and it's currently on its way back to sig.

So, if I'm just going on experience and suspicion................

Posts: 31 | Registered: July 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 47Straight:
Sig has said that dry firing is not an issue, however............

I have had 2 broken strikers on my P365. Both of those have evidently happened during dry firing because I've left the range with a functioning pistol, completed several dry firing sessions, and the next time I go to the range the first trigger pull is nothing but a click.

Before the first broken striker I rarely used snap caps. Since the first repair I have NEVER pulled the trigger without either a live round or a snap cap in the chamber. Still had the second striker failure and it's currently on its way back to sig.

So, if I'm just going on experience and suspicion................

Please expand, was the 2nd broken firing pin a replacement for the first one? What was the date of your first repair, curious if the replacement was part of the “bad batch” of firing pins. If recent, this is not good as you are the first I’ve heard of it breaking again.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
Just picked up new 365. Sept 9, 2018 date.
Can't shoot it until Sunday.
Dry fire or not? Nothing in the manual about it.

No issues from dry-firing mine w/o snap caps.

Posts: 124 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post