SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 1911 Manufactured in 2015 bought New 2018 ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 1911 Manufactured in 2015 bought New 2018 ? Login/Join 
posted
I remember previous reports with problems with Sig 1911 Super Target , I held off went, towards P210 Super Targets . . . just pulled trigger on 1911 Super Target , thought it was NEW (?) . . Manufactured in June 2015 (whoa)? i DIN'T BUY THEN DUE TO REPORTS; THOUGHT i WAS BUYING NEW . .

Looking, searching sites, Reviews on the internet . . PROBLEMS with Sig 1911 . . ?? there were many reports OR I would have bought them in the past

Any one comment on Problems with the "old" Sig pre 2017 . . That a 2015, June manufacture, is going to be a Problem . . .

Note: I had a Problem with a Sig 224-40-SAS-2B it was my third 224 . . Manufactured July 2013

It SUCKED . . . SIG KNEW !!! Sig fixed . My first and third model My December Model . . Perfect . . So I remember the OLD 1911 were Problem . .

Comments on 2018 Manufacture dates welcome also
SAW Post, luved new 1911 Super Target . .

I don't know what pulled me off the P210's got a bunch, Swiss, German, American thought a 1911 would be interesting . . . SUPER TARGET , K&N TARGET GRIPS . . .

Hope I haven't bought an OLD PROBLEM about to be REAL . .

I may send back . . Demand return and Seller should Qualify . . .

N.O.S. in his advertisements Dinasuer Found sell Cheap . . Ha!!

Thanks for your Time . .

Posts: 69 | Registered: April 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Scratching my head with both hands. Confused

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
It's too early to be drinking...

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Residents of SIGFORUM are RATTLED by this website...

Type in YOUR handgun and SEE what your NEIGHBORS know about your GUNS...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WoW . .

OK

I didn't buy the Super Target before . . because of 'some reports'

If I'm good on this purchase . . I 'll keeep it

Will continue to do Research, pretty sure my memory correct . . there were some issues ??

Guys . .

its Early . . . .

Posts: 69 | Registered: April 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
If I pay zero heed to the conventions of the English language whilst reading your posts, then they make enough sense if read in a stream-of-consciousness manner. If you cannot English, then I humbly suggest you at least run your posts through some sort of word processor, like Open Office, which is free, in an effort to translate your gobbledygook into something the average person can make sense of.

A pistol made in 2015 that hasn’t been sold until now is still a new pistol, not NOS, and it’s ridiculous to suggest it is or that you should get some sort of refund or discount for it. If your pistol turns out to have problems, as the original purchaser of the new pistol, you can contact Sig Sauer customer service to get them to help make it right.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
...did you ask about the provence of said firearm before purchase...

...did you wait until after 4473... with background checks and logistics charges were already imposed....

...Not sure

if problems heretofore mentioned are accurate, must query the hivemind for all available... datasets to compare...

...hope all turns out well with your investments and that it

brings you years of enjoyments...

...but if not, SIG maybe can help with the issues...
BEST of LUCK, diving back inTO the Fray...

Godspeed JohnGleen...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
I'm dizzy from trying to read that post!! Holy crap!!

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your location is @rehab?

...kinda makes sense

...unlike any of your post.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Made me smile. Glad I dropped in.

I know of no issues with the 2015 Sig 1911's.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
in short you did not previously buy a 1911 super target because of percieved problems you read about online.

You recently purchased a 1911 super target and found out it was of 2015 manufacture? you are wondering if it is kosher.

Yes, it may have sat on the distributor's shelf, or in sigs warehouse till a distributor bought it, or a package with it.

Yes it is NOS, it is also NEW as in you are the origi8nal 4473, sig will warranty it as such.

Shoot the piss out of it. I have heard very few issues with sig 1911's since the first couple of years.

I would be surprised if you have any issues. Strip it clean oil it up and work the slide and frame back and forth for an hour. Wipe it dry, oil it all back up then work the frame, slide, barrel and recoil spring for 10 min. wipe it dry, re oil and shoot the piss out of it. Start with good brass cased 230 ball ammo.

If you don't like the mags, i suggest wilson 47d.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Bill @ SC:
WoW . .

OK

I didn't buy the Super Target before . . because of 'some reports'

If I'm good on this purchase . . I 'll keeep it

Will continue to do Research, pretty sure my memory correct . . there were some issues ??

Guys . .

its Early . . . .

3:32 pm is early?

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well...I will just say my Sig 1911 has been trouble free with 3K rounds through it.
Which I guess is the info he seeks.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
So confused from that post- perhaps a haiku will clear my head...

Nineteen eleven A one.
Proven in war time.
Good enough for me.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
Holy ADHD.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post