SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Replaced my aging Siglites w/ HD XR's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replaced my aging Siglites w/ HD XR's Login/Join 
Picture of JAFO
posted
I found a decent deal on some Trijicon HD XR's to replace the dim Siglites on my 229. I opted for the yellow dot and U-notch. Some comparison pics are below. XR rear is on the right, XR front is on the left (sorry for the inconsistency Smile ). In case anyone wonders, the Siglite rear dots were blacked out with a Sharpie.

Siglites installed:

HD XR's installed:

I took the gun out to check the sight alignment Saturday. I noticed that they hit to the dot at 10 yards, so I have to aim a little higher than I'm used to.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Yep, you have to make sure you order the SG601-C-600865 HD XR SIGHTS SIG 9MM YL which mimic a #8 front and #8 rear which hit at the top of the front blade.

You probably have the SG603-C-600860's which mimic the #6 front and #8 rear and would drive the round down more, bullet impact on the dot.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Much better sight picture.

Posts: 75 | Registered: June 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:
Yep, you have to make sure you order the SG601-C-600865 HD XR SIGHTS SIG 9MM YL which mimic a #8 front and #8 rear which hit at the top of the front blade.

You probably have the SG603-C-600860's which mimic the #6 front and #8 rear and would drive the round down more, bullet impact on the dot.

The part number on these was 600865, and they were marked "357" on the packaging. But maybe I'm pushing a bit. I'll have to go practice some more, maybe from a rest.

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I've always used the orange dot, until this set for my P320, I tried the yellow; very good visibility and am very fond of the Trijicon HD's.

The set you have has a thinner front sight, correct?

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:

The part number on these was 600865, and they were marked "357" on the packaging. But maybe I'm pushing a bit. I'll have to go practice some more, maybe from a rest.

Okay, maybe some more time on them will
bring the impact up. I absolutely love the XR's. They look good too.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
The set you have has a thinner front sight, correct?

Yes, the HD XR's have a thinner front than regular HD's.

posted Hide Post
I was curious about the new thinner front sight model for my Glock 19. How do you like the thinner front blade?

Posts: 266 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I love it. I shoot my X5 with a Dawson 0.125 front in USPSA. As such, I shoot it a lot more than I shoot my 229. When I would bring the 229 up, it was a very noticeable difference. There was a lot more light on either side than with the Siglites on the 229. These XR's come close to giving me a similar sight picture on both guns.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
These XR's come close to giving me a similar sight picture on both guns.

Nail on the head.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post