SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Swapping barrels on an old P230 SL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swapping barrels on an old P230 SL Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
I finally found a good gun for the P232 barrel I was able to come by in 7,65B (32acp). Josh at AGW swapped it in for me and in order to make it work, it needed to have the extractor cut enlarged 2mm to match the larger P230 extractor over the smaller P232. He put a a couple mags worth through it and no issues.

Next up is some walnut grips for it since the factory Sig/Nill-Griffe seem to be impossible to find. That brings up a question though....the 380 barrel is never going back in it. Should I have my local laser guy remove the 9mm Kurz roll mark and re-mark as 7,65B or just have him mark the barrel itself where its visible through the slide?

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why bother with either option unless you are going to sell it? Did you have to get a different extractor or just enlarge the cut?

Posts: 28 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the necro-post but I just saw this. All I had to do was enlarge the extractor slot in the barrel itself.

Posts: 64 | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post