SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 220 hard chrome
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 220 hard chrome Login/Join 
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted
A friend of mine says he knows a guy that says he has a West German hard chrome 220 in 45 ACP. Just curious if there ever was such an animal. Seems I remember one for sale on GB a few years ago. If anyone knows please respond. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Factory hard chrome? I don't believe there is such an animal. There are probably a few in the wild, but they were custom/refinished, not factory. Nickel yes, HC, no.

APW did my JC P220 9mm Euro

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
Nice 220-Thanks for the reply.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
It was a very popular finish people had applied to their P220s at one time...might be worth a look...

Good luck,

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That 220 is sweet looking.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Could be CPII from CCR. It kind of looks like the frame of my 1911 now looks and I had it done in CPII.

Posts: 5618 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I know Virgil Tripp did a few Sig P220s for people when he used to offer hard chrome finish work. They used some kind of spray finish on the alloy frame to match the color of the hard chrome.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post