SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 or p320 sub compact
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 or p320 sub compact Login/Join 
posted
I have had uncontrolleable urges the last month or so to add another striker fire handgun. Picked up my first striker in a Sig P320 M17 a little over a month ago and then a Glock 19 a couple of weeks ago and really like them.

Considering a P365 or P320 sc and have never held either. Is the P320 sub compact similar in size to the P224 9mm? I owned a P224 for awhile and loved it at first but the love affair ended kind of quickly. I can get a red box P320 sc with 3 mags and another grip module for a little over $380.00 to my door.
The slightly larger size of the 320 doesn't bother me for cc

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I had a P365 that my department bought me as a backup. It was a great shooting little gun...supurbly accurate and light to carry, but the trigger bit me so bad I didn't want to shoot it for more than 20 rounds per range session. A hogue grip sleeve helped a lot with that, but an opportunity came along to pass it on to another officer who wanted it, and get a P320SC. I like the form factor of the P320SC better, and it can use the magazines from my duty gun if necessary. It also does double duty as my off-duty carry gun, so I like the larger grip, slightly larger capacity, and ability to carry a 17-rd p320 mag as a reload. I don't pocket carry, so the increased size was not an issue...it was actually a benefit for my large hands.

The P320SC was the right choice for me, but the P365 is also an excellent firearm. You aren't going to go wrong with either, but one might suit your personal needs better than the other.

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P320 subcompact with the original subcompact grip is about the size of a P224. It's lighter, a bit more ergonomic.

When Sig offered the x-compact grip, I installed that on the subcompact, and now it takes the 15 round magazine. It's essentially an x-compact without the optics cut. I like it it a lot, and I think the x-grips are a great innovation.

That said, the P365 is a great little pistol, too. I shot mine quite a bit before I ran out of excuses to not carry. It rides really comfortably in a DeSantis pocket holster, draws easily, and is easy to shoot. The x-ray sights are low profile and snag-free. I can carry the P365 with a 10 or 12 round magazine in the pocket, and a 15 round magazine as a spare.

My favorite pocket pistol to date is the G43. I really love that pistol and carry it a lot. I've found that the P365 also gets carried a lot. I've been shooting the P320 in competition for the past year or so, and it makes sense to carry the P365. Same trigger, manual of arms, feel. I use the flat triggers on my P320's, and also on the P365's.

I'll throw in my .02 plug for the grayguns sculpted grips, while on the soapbox. Iv'e got several, and they're great. I'm thinking about one for a P365 to try out. Just grippy enough, really comfortable, attractive, and they don't snag under a shirt. I don't work for them; just like the grips.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I found I like the 365 XL more than the other 2 you have listed. But I have them all.

I'd say though just to get the 320 SC grip and see how you like that.
I shot the 320 SC very well and it was really easy to shoot.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both and prefer the p365, especially for carry. But I’ve only owned each one for a couple of weeks and haven’t tested them fully. I’ve also got a new medium size grip for the p320 I haven’t tried yet. For whatever reason, I’m more accurate with the p365. Plus it’s lighter and more concealable than the 320sc. I carry with the 10 round mag, but have 12’s for range and backup. And will probably buy a 15 mag when I come across a good deal.

Posts: 54 | Location: Myrtle beac SC | Registered: March 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really appreciate all the comments. I’ll probably end up getting both eventually and leaning towards the P320 sc red box deal

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For three eighty, it's a pretty good deal. I'd get it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Basenji
posted Hide Post
I have a p365 and a p320 SC. For me, I shoot the p365 better than the p320 SC. I have actually turned the p320 into a X compact with a XR slide. I feel like I shoot it well and certainly better than the 320 SC. My old eyes love the red dot and the flat trigger. of course, YMMV.

Posts: 919 | Location: Tidewater VIRGINIA | Registered: April 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SummersAtTheLake:
Considering a P365 or P320 sc and have never held either.

Do you have a range nearby that allows you to rent them? That will tell you more than any responses here.
And if you do, ask how many rounds they have through the P365.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
It's all going to come down to personal preference.

I had a 320C and SC. When the 365 came out I sold them and now have the 365 and 365XL. My choice was determined by what was most comfortable for me to carry. I'm not a competition guy and my pistols' primary function is concealed carry.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P290 in 9mm that has become my second gun in pocket or ankle. It is very easy to carry, lighter than the two you mention, and very reliable. My wife can also rack the slide.

Scouts Out

Posts: 1118 | Registered: May 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To the OP,since you already have a P320 M17 why don't you get a caliber X-change kit . They come with complete slide and a barrel , SC grip and one mag for $300.00 , get 3 more mags and it's $400 to your door. When you want a SC pull the trigger chassis from the M17 and drop into the SC .It beats the heck out of buying a another gun , no transfer fee or nics charge. I'm back to the shadows , good luck

Posts: 144 | Registered: September 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cpeblue:
To the OP,since you already have a P320 M17 why don't you get a caliber X-change kit . They come with complete slide and a barrel , SC grip and one mag for $300.00 , get 3 more mags and it's $400 to your door. When you want a SC pull the trigger chassis from the M17 and drop into the SC .It beats the heck out of buying a another gun , no transfer fee or nics charge. I'm back to the shadows , good luck
That's an option as long as you realize the 320 SC is way larger than the 365.

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both as some others do. the 320SC is a fine choice and if you're never going to need the added concealment of the smaller 365 I highly recommend it. The 365 is considerably smaller in every dimension however. Good luck.

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cpeblue:

Thought about going that route but even with FFL transfer I would be at $410.00 with 3 mags out the door for a red box.
Where can I find a 9mm sc exchange kit for $300.00?

posted Hide Post
My EDC is a P320SC hybrid (SC frame/mag with compact slide). I already had a P320C and I found a great deal on the SC frame with mag at CDNN. Love the gun, great shooter and easy to conceal.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a red box P320 9mm sub compact and it comes with 3 magazines, holster, barrel Badger, and an FDE grip module for $384.98 shipped to my FFL.
Another one of the CDNN deals

https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig...ew.html#.XZUHAeTsaM8

posted Hide Post
Bought mine here - free shipping, no transfer fee, shipped directly to you.

https://www.osagecountyguns.co...ber-xchange-kit.html

PC

Thought about going that route but even with FFL transfer I would be at $410.00 with 3 mags out the door for a red box.
Where can I find a 9mm sc exchange kit for $300.00?[/QUOTE]

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking the P365 SAS is what I want, probably replace the Glock 43X with it if it shoots as well as I'd like

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've shot the 365 and the 320SC. The 365 is easier to conceal. I went with the SC, because the SC kit was cheaper than the 365 and I already owned a P320 Carry Pro. The SC grip can be gotten with or without a 1913 rail. I recommend the non-rail small grip with a pachmayer pinkie extension on the magazine. It makes the 320SC feel very similar to a S&W M&P 9mm compact 1.0. But, I've found that the best combo is the SC slide and an Xcompact frame. It feels more comfortable then the SC and Xcarry grips I have and shoots very well. I've also noticed that there is better holster availability for the p365 then the SC.

Posts: 4547 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post