SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    which is better...........
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

which is better........... Login/Join 
posted
so.............
just bought a like new 225
already have a 239, 229, 226, and a gazillion 220's.
wanted to compare the grip of the 225 to the 239, most folks feels the 225 is a natural pointer, I disagree, 239 feels MUCH more comfortable......opinions????

Posts: 86 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
My experience is similar to yours. I much prefer the P239 over the P225, in all respects.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
What P225 version are you posting about? The only reason I need to ask is SIG tried its best to confuse potential customers, calling a bastardized P239 the "Classic" P225. So, is it a German made P225 or the other?

The German P225 does point in an incredible fashion for me, much more so than P239 but to each his own.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my 225 is US made, but not the A1 version
very nice gun, sig grips are great.
but...........not a 239 with Hogue grips, that gun just feels "right"

Posts: 86 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
No such thing. Either your P225 is German made or it’s a P225-A1.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dakor,

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Different guns fit different hands better or worse. Can't stand the 239s personally, despite the fact that many experienced and knowledgeable members here love them; am perfectly happy with either the 225 or (to a slightly greater degree) the 225A1.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Trigger reach is too short on the P239 at the break. I prefer the P225.

Posts: 8414 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
please excuse my ignorance, Dakor, I looked last night, and it is a 225-A1, it just wasn't marked as such on the slide.

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Different guns fit different hands better or worse. Can't stand the 239s personally, despite the fact that many experienced and knowledgeable members here love them; am perfectly happy with either the 225 or (to a slightly greater degree) the 225A1.

yup,

I don't care for the 239, prefer the P6/225 or 228,. (and I have a 220 that fits my had well)

I have a friend that is the opposite, he prefers the 239 and has several of them

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jackpot41:
please excuse my ignorance, Dakor, I looked last night, and it is a 225-A1, it just wasn't marked as such on the slide.
Well no wonder your P225 is "like new" Razz

I don't have an A1, but my understanding was the 239 and A1 had VERY similar grips.

The original P225 is an iconic weapon, not even close to the P239 in grip dimensions, with crazy good ergo's. I highly recommend you put your hands on the original if your intent is to make a true comparison... Smile

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I thought the 225-A1 was a remodelled 239, and that's why they have intercompatible magazines. Confused

PS: OP, you should do something about your thread title.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Iron Chef - Correct on all fronts.

If you recall, Sig Exeter teased a Stainless Sig P225 several years back, only to deliver the remodeled (thus bastard) P239 aka P225-A1. I believe Sig Sauer also indicated to LDD that they wouldn't introduce further pimped-out guns (e.g. diamond plate, shiny polished pistol slides, etc.) and yet a year later couldn't help themselves in doing just that. I could go on but it's no wonder I think Sig Marketing has its head up its ass.