SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You never know what will walk into the LGS
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You never know what will walk into the LGS Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Jesus, guys. He could have wrote his story as "I was in line, the store offered her $800, so I offered her $1200" and you would act like he was fucking Robin Hood.

Posts: 5158 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Jesus, guys. He could have wrote his story as "I was in line, the store offered her $800, so I offered her $1200" and you would act like he was fucking Robin Hood.

Yeah, it's the same crowd that turns themselves into the police for jaywalking or taking the tag off their mattress.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I will take some pics of its present condition next week, as its in the layaway safe at work. (Wife 2.0 is remodeling the kitchen so I'm short of cash till payday.)

I found another nickel sideplate online as well as the proper nickel cylinder and yoke. Both in like new condition. But I'm debating whether I want to sink another $275 into what will definitely be a shooter/carry piece.

I still have two boxes of the 158 grain lead semi wadcutter HPs "dum-dum" bullets that were popular with the NYPD for use in their snubs. I inherited those from my father.

They are very effective and were used till the libs in the mid seventies declared them to be inhumane for use on felons. Google NYPD officer shoots/kills polar bear at the zoo. Yes, they are those rounds. Smile Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Worked and my LGS for a while part-time and was in there all the time. Used to be all kinds of unusual and interesting guns would come in used, but not so much any more. Hardly anything used comes in and nothing of much interest.

He did get a Dan Wesson model 14 in pristine condition which I snapped up and later a Colt Python which he kept for himself.

Not sure why it has changed so much.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is why I keep a spread sheet with inventory and price paid. I shared this with my wife and told her if anything happens to me to not sell for less than the paid price.

Posts: 93 | Location: ID | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
Worked and my LGS for a while part-time and was in there all the time. Used to be all kinds of unusual and interesting guns would come in used, but not so much any more. Hardly anything used comes in and nothing of much interest.

He did get a Dan Wesson model 14 in pristine condition which I snapped up and later a Colt Python which he kept for himself.

Not sure why it has changed so much.

Simple...it's called the internet.

Gunbroker, Armslist and other auction/trader sites have changed the reselling landscape. An owner/seller can set the starting price at whatever they THINK a gun is minimally worth, or set a reserve with the same thinking in mind. If it doesn't sell, well just renew the auction for another round until it does. No evil gun/pawn shop assessment and then lowballing them for 50 cents on the dollar on that assessment.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
From the information 18DAI posted, I didn't get the impression the shop owner took advantage of her. I was surprised that the owner offered as much as he did.

FWIW, I once assisted a disabled elderly widow and family with liquidating the deceased husband's guns, ammo, much of it reloads, and miscellaneous shooting stuff. There were some time constraints in involved, the family had no idea of value, knew nothing of firearms laws, and were concerned about the legalities surrounding disposing of firearms. A large dealer was up front in advising the family that they would pay 50% of retail if they bought the guns. The family decided to accept the offer. The shop's estimate of retail value was surprisingly similar to mine. The shop's representatives wrote the family a check right on the spot. The family was quite happy to walk out with a with a check for $11,000.00, and the knowledge that the firearms were disposed of legally. Now if the family had the time,motivation and knowledge that many here have, they could have listed each and every firearm on an auction site, managed the sales, shipping, legalities,etc.,and have reaped the full value. They were just not in a position to do all that. The shop was up front about what they would offer, fair in figuring retail value, and IMHO did not take advantage of the widow and family.

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't a Colt Cobra an aluminum framed gun? And, if it's plated, wouldn't that simply be a DA?

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post