SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mag storage questions??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mag storage questions?? Login/Join 
Picture of T.Webb
posted
So, those of you who maintain a magazine inventory's able to supply a small army ... how do you separate and store them? I've got 30+ pistols and between 5 and 30 mags for each gun. And don't even get me started on the long guns.

Just looking for ideas.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I use an old dresser to store holsters, mag pouches, and pistol magazines. Most of the magazine drawers are further subdivided with plastic dividers, to separate different types of mags.

Rifle magazines are stored loaded in .50 cal ammo cans, labeled with their contents.

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Rifle magazines are stored loaded in .50 cal ammo cans, labeled with their contents.

this,

some pistol mags are in a couple tackle boxes, (and pistol box,, think bullseye)

I also have an old kitchen table as an extra workspace in the garage, with 2 drawers under it, that I use for extra pistol mags,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a damaged tool chest from Lowes cheap. Five big drawers. Lockable too. Works for me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Flambeau airtight boxes with an anti-rust tab inside. Also use the inventory card to keep track of where the mags are.

P220 ELITE SAO 10MM + P220 SAS GEN 2 45 ACP
P226 MK-25 9MM [2]
P227 45 ACP
M11-A1 9MM [2]
P229 SAS GEN 2 9MM + P229 SAS GEN 2 357 + P229 CARRY SAS 357 + P229 ELITE 40 S&W
P239 SAS GEN 2 9MM + P239 SAS GEN 2 357
P290 9MM
1911 TACOPS 45ACP

Posts: 82 | Location: TENNESSEE | Registered: October 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I like these... until Monday use the code TURKEY for an additional savings.

http://tuffproducts.com/e-d-c-...ry/magazine-pouches/

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Steralite 7 and 15qt clear boxes with latching tops.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use fish totes. these... https://shop.hamiltonmarine.co...70-liters-15735.html. Stackable and holds the necessary quantities. Lids are available but I don't use them.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post