SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is Springfield up to?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is Springfield up to? Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
It had better have more serrations per square inch than anything else out there Roll Eyes

So basically make the slide out of a rasp or file. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Would be nice if they imported FALs again.

Is anyone even producing FALs overseas anymore?

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a tactical kilt with tartans to match the color of the gun and "grip zone" printed in the right place Smile

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At one time many years ago, all I had was Springfield pistols. I do shoot them better than any pistol.
Those days are gone. Now I see their pistols collecting dust at my LGS. They even had a sale on them with ridiculous prices and couldn't move them.
Don't care what they're up to anymore.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Love my loaded M1A and 1911 TRP Operator 10mm.

Waiting with bated breath!

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Y'all should sit through a catalog review with these people. It's about 100 pages deep and promises things like darker black on the mag floorplate and better grip zone "badging".

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the email too. I think their marketing is really cheesy. Perfect for the 17 year old wannabe.
I am hoping to see Rob Leatham in see through Yoga pants with some Rap music in the background.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I got the email too. I think their marketing is really cheesy. Perfect for the 17 year old wannabe.
I am hoping to see Rob Leatham in see through Yoga pants with some Rap music in the background.

While wearing a Crye Precision helmet with NVGs tilted up.

That would be the only way to hype larger than the SAINT!!!!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^
That was funny.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Falcon
posted Hide Post

Posts: 72 | Location: Alabama | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Falcon:
Yes, Imbel still makes the FAL

http://www.imbel.gov.br/index.php/fuzis/96#topo

Cool. I figured they had switched all their production over to the IA2.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am probably in the minroity but I love the XD mod 2 I own. It has a very comfortable grip,although the whole" Grip Zone" idea, should have got the marketing section of the company fired.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Based on the catch phrase "Its a jungle out there.." I'm guessing some kind of handgun to compete with the P365. More striker fired plastic. Yawn....

And I am prepared to be underwhelmed. Again. Regards 18DAI

This. The two platforms that Springfield makes that interest me are their 1911s and the M1A. Anything new is likely to just be more plastic BS in an already saturated market. Now if they came out with an affordable, reliable "jungle" M1 carbine, that could get me excited.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is Springfield up to?

They will be the exclusive importer of the Laugo Arms Alien line of pistols.

https://youtu.be/pXHrr-Eqo3Y

http://laugoarms.com/alien.html

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My guess is a 9mm Saint.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Apparently an employee in their inner-circle leaked this earlier this week! Razz

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by l33571:
Perhaps a tactical kilt with tartans to match the color of the gun and "grip zone" printed in the right place Smile
I don't care who you are - that's some funny $h1+ right there...

Posts: 105 | Registered: February 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Now if they came out with an affordable, reliable "jungle" M1 carbine, that could get me excited.

What would be your idea of a "jungle M1 carbine"?

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Now if they came out with an affordable, reliable "jungle" M1 carbine, that could get me excited.

What would be your idea of a "jungle M1 carbine"?

https://www.inland-mfg.com/Inl...bines/M1-Jungle.html

I'd honestly be ok with any variety of m1 carbine...and I think it would be kind of a decent product fit to sell alongside their m1a line. The "Jungle " reference in my post was simply referring to the Springfield marketing slogan referenced by 18DAI in the post I quoted.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
That "circulator " ad was pretty good.

Although the very phrase "tactical kilt" makes me giggle.

I used to want one of their nicer 1911s. Have had an Ultra Compact for 25 years or so. It's bulletproof.

I also really wanted an EMP, but they've pretty much ruined that for me.

I did get a heck of a deal several years back on an XDS, but that thing's awfully light to be launching. 45s off of, and I'm a short guy with small hands.

Personally, it looks to me like they're flailing around trying to grab something to help them stay afloat. The Saint was a decent, middle of the road, average rifle hyped like it was hand crafted by Chuck Norris. What this will be? Heaven only knows.

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post