SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is Springfield up to?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is Springfield up to? Login/Join 
Picture of RioGrande481
posted
I am sure many of you have seen the email about the new “class leading” firearm coming from Springfield Armory on 9/25/19.

What are they up to? I have a feeling “class leading” will be a small 9mm pistol with higher standard capacity magazines than the SIG P365.

Mind you, I really would like to see something truly new. I doubt it will be anything really new like the Laugo Alien pistol, but we can hope.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
It could be a pink XD. 09/25/19 isn't that far off. Be patient.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm mildly interested in their upcoming release. Especially considering how they partnered with Langdon for some enhancements to the XD-E. Perhaps they have found a niche.

As long as it doesn't say "Yeet Cannon" or "Grip Zone" (I know where to put my friggin paws on a pistol).

Posts: 489 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Reintroduction of the Grip Zone

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Xtreme Grip Zone

Guess if I held the other end it would bring new meaning to shooting oneself in the foot?

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My bet is that it fires onerous licensing bullets with a picatinny rail to attach self serving carve outs. Also 50/50 whether it’s actually made in the US, despite the company claiming its “the First Name in American Firearms.”

Maybe it will be a cheap foreign firearm renamed and remarketed at a higher price point.

Or it will be another overhyped, vanilla entry into an already crowded and stagnating segment.

I’m on the edge of my (toilet) seat!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yoga Pants 2.0

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Don't really care.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Don't really care.

^^^^^

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The buildup for the exciting big announcement probably explains why I can’t get them to send a call tag for a pistol repair, like their customer service dude said they’d do back in mid-August.

Posts: 26894 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
I'm betting on a Tactical Unitard!

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3626 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rockyriver
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Don't really care.

quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
Reintroduction of the Grip Zone

^^^^^^^ This^^^^^^

I'm sure its a bunch of marketing hype and a turd of a gun will be released.

Posts: 38 | Registered: January 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Well they have the Saint so maybe they are going to release the Sinner? Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drabfour,

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Left-handed M1A and call it The Flanders.

Posts: 2514 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Based on the catch phrase "Its a jungle out there.." I'm guessing some kind of handgun to compete with the P365. More striker fired plastic. Yawn....

And I am prepared to be underwhelmed. Again. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yawn.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Super Squishy Sticky Grippy Zone in pink or baby blue? If it feels like a woman's breast count me in.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Would be nice if they imported FALs again.

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hell, now I’m curious just so I can judge them and make fun. Any idea what it is yet?

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It had better have more serrations per square inch than anything else out there Roll Eyes

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post