SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 X 5 slide “pretensioned”?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X 5 slide “pretensioned”? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by isthatasiginyourpocket:
They are fit a little tighter than a standard 320, mine did the same thing. Break it in and after a few 100 rounds it will be fine.

This. My X-Carry did this. Ran some rounds through it. Goes fulling into battery every time now even if slowly dropping slide.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Weird. The 320 X-5 that just came in goes fully into battery, no signs of any 'pretensioning'. Really gritty, creepy 'pretravel' to its trigger, though. Funky 'thunk' to its reset, though; reminds me of the Springfield Saint, just not as loud.

Off-topic: it's my first time handling a X-5. Good weight and balance to the gun, but otherwise not really impressed. This one is a long way removed from build standards of the original P-series X-Fives and X-Sixes. And pedestrian Caniks, VP9/VP40s and PPQs have better triggers though with full disclosure, I wasn't all that impressed with the trigger quality on the PPQ Q5 Match and TP9SF Elite-S. This 'match/target grade' thingy with strikers...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post