SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Smith and Wesson M&P 40 questions.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith and Wesson M&P 40 questions. Login/Join 
posted
I tried to do a search on the forum, but could not find anything. I got my wife a P320 in .40. She likes it and all, but is not married to it. I am also having a hard time looking for parts/magazines and holsters for it. I have been considering either a Glock Gen 4 or a Smith and Wesson M&P both of these handguns have a huge following and parts/mags and holsters are easy to find. I use the Glock 40 as a duty weapon and have complete confidence in it, but I wanted to offer other options as well. I know that there were some reliability problems with the DPS and the 9mm variant of this handgun. Were there any issues with the .40 variant?

Posts: 378 | Registered: November 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at the new 2.0 it's much better

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What does it offer that the original one does not?

Posts: 378 | Registered: November 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Better grip, more sizes of grips, much better trigger. There was a thread a few days ago by a very knowledgeable member jljones about his experiences with it after 2k rounds

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The 2.0 has a better trigger and grip texturing improvements. I have a 2013 vintage M&P Compact 40 that has been a solid performer for me. The 357 Sig M&P's had issues and were withdrawn from the catalog. The 40's have been good guns...

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I have two M&P40's, a full size and a compact. The FS is my nightstand gun every night, and it becomes my "truck gun" every day. The compact is one of my favorite carry guns. Maybe I'm just lucky, but they both have good factory triggers.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I've carried a .40 and .45 as a duty gun over the last several years.

Personally, I'd hock mine at the nearest pawn shop, if offered the chance, and buy a Glock. I hate M&Ps. Vehemently.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Ive owned 5 different M&P's. Subcompacts, full size, VTAC, .357, .40, 9mm, etc.. never had a problem with any of them. I never could settle on one and I don't tend to keep guns that don't get used much. Anyway, I purchased a 2.0 yesterday and I think it's a keeper. It's actually quite accurate and the trigger is much improved. I can't guarantee it won't still get an Apex trigger, but that's just me. I think they're solid guns.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
I carry an m&p .40 at work and miss my glock 22 gen 2.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
M&P was designed around the .40 cartridge.

In .40 it has a very very good record. I personally replace the recoil spring every 3k and find it manageable for a duty gun.

The 2.0 has really good stippling on the grip, a alteration to the slide stop to reduce "auto-forwarding" and a steel insert into the polymer that makes the frame more rigid than the original. In firing the 2.0 I did get the sense that the recoil in .40 was a little more tame with duty grade ammo which is a plus.

I personally prefer 9mm, but I'm issued .40 and don't do that bad with it.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post